- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Sales Development Manager, San Francisco or remote
About the job:
We’re looking for a dynamic and hardworking Sales Development Manager who will be responsible for building and leading a team of SDRs who identify and qualify sales opportunities in North America. The role focuses on leadership, development and the execution of sales goals.
- In this role, you will have two core priorities: Talent Development & Revenue Development
- Talent Development:
- We view our Account Development Representatives as the next wave of Account Executives at Kong. Taking on the responsibility of leading this team means dedicating yourself to their development. A Sales Development leader at Kong hires outstanding talent, maps out the gaps in that rep’s skillset, holds them accountable to reaching their potential, and takes pride in turning that SDR into an AE.
- Revenue Development:
As an SDR manager, you will be a key asset to our Enterprise Sales organization as we look to grow Kong across the world. Partnering with Regional Directors and Vice Presidents across our sales organization, you will be a crucial part of uncovering new opportunities, determining how to unlock new territories, and driving revenue into our pipeline.
- Attract, hire and retain high performing Sales Development Representatives via all available channels (internal, external, self)
- Drive a high performance and high accountability culture to achieve and exceed sales development goals
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of sales, our business model, and our sales methodology. This includes coaching on how to build rapport over the phone, best practices on how to reach a targeted audience (via phone, email and social), inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting techniques, qualification and how to set the right scene for high quality opportunity generation and lead nurture
- Provide weekly team performance summary as well as timely and accurate forecast to senior management based on a deep understanding of historical trends as well as representative’s individual performance (# meetings created/completed, # opportunities created/accepted, pipeline created/accepted, # deals closed from sales development generated pipeline, bookings from sales development pipeline, and volume of leads received and processed)
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales Operations to establish and tune scalable processes for Incoming Lead Management and Marketing to Sales
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and establish scalable reports/dashboards to provide high visibility into lead follow-up SLAs and conversions
- Develop and own Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Sales Development team, supervise the activity of the team, track the results and drive team execution based on those metrics
- Define and execute on creative and innovative techniques to get results and build a performance culture
- Represent the needs of your team cross functionally to drive performance
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Kong’s offerings and the industry as a whole
- Drive field and operational excellence in Sales Development with the tools available to us, including data cleanliness in SFDC
- Work closely with Field Sales management to drive increased performance and align pipeline production to our Sales team’s needs.
- 2+ years experience prospecting as an individual contributor role
- 2+ years experience leading/managing with a track record in hiring, developing and promoting
- Complex enterprise software experience in a comparable company is a plus (technical and multi level decision making)
- Experience in open source software sales is a distinct advantage
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills. You must be credible with direct reports, customers, recruitment candidates, and internally across the organization at all levels including senior management
- Top performer, results oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)