- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a highly-skilled sales operations manager to join our team. This position will serve as a trusted business partner, advisor and advocate to and for the EMEA Sales Leadership. Defines, tracks, and implements EMEA business objectives, initiatives, strategies, tactics, and processes that scale. This role incorporates hands-on execution for a hyper-growth sales team. The candidate should be familiar with sales and marketing applications and is a self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment, and demonstrate curiosity and a “get things done” attitude.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate and lead annual EMEA GTM planning process to include fiscal year/long-range modeling, investment ROI analysis, headcount planning, quota and capacity setting, territory planning.
- Provide visibility and performance tracking on the health of business, lead funnel monitoring, sales efficiency and productivity key performance metrics via business intelligence applications. Drive CRM accuracy, pipeline analytics, forecasting and ad hoc regional reporting requirements.
- Ensure efficient deal velocity and monitor deal management processes, make recommendations on process improvement initiatives regarding deal structures, approvals, booking processes etc.
- Participate in regular meetings with Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, Legal and various other teams to assist in addressing issues, building plans and driving change management.
- When requested, assess inquiries directed to the EMEA VP of Sales, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage.
- Ensure all Sales Leadership team issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved.
- Any additional tasks required by the manager
What you’ll bring:
- Organization and order during busy periods with composure and focus.
- Experience with SFDC (Sales Cloud, CPQ), Outreach, HG Insights, and/or similar tools. Demonstrable competence with Google G-Suite tools.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, a data-driven mindset.
- Strong customer service attitude, ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- 5-8 relevant business experience.
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- BA/BS in a quantitative field.
- If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different roles at Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.