- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
Kong is looking for a seasoned, customer facing Sales Engineer who is motivated to help drive new business, evangelize our technology, onboard and train new customers, and establish revenue potential with existing customers. Ideally this candidate should have experience working with open source technology and strong knowledge of NGINX, Docker, HTTP, AWS, Postgres and Cassandra.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support field sales in helping customers understand the value of the Kong API Management platform
- Understand and help establish customer requirements and grow trusted client relationships throughout the entire sales lifecycle, from initial product reviews to production
- Support PoCs throughout the entire evaluation process
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction across assigned set of accounts
- Prioritize customer needs and coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to help support customer needs
- Create technical documentation for DevOps, implementations, and services engagements
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you bring:
- 5+ years software engineer and/or sales engineer management experience at SAAS, Open Source or Enterprise Software company.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open source business models.
- You are a strong listener and communicator.
- You can confidently lead a discussion with a group of Product Managers, Engineers, and Executives.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Experience with Docker.
- Fluent working on Linux OSes.
- Familiarity with CD/CI pipeline.
- Any knowledge on Kubernetes, DCOS/Mesos and Docker Swarm is a plus.
- For more information about Kong, please visit https://konghq.com/ or follow @thekonginc on Twitter. 2019 Kong Summit Highlight Video
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.