- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager, Sales Enablement role is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Go-To-Market (GTM) Enablement Team. You will manage the onboarding and ongoing enablement that will ensure our sellers possess the skills and knowledge needed to effectively meet the Kong sales goals. This role will develop blended learning solutions that are role-based, highly interactive, and innovative to support onboarding and ongoing enablement. You will support the GTM team and partner cross-functionally with a variety of teams including Sales Leadership, Product Marketing, Product Management, Services, and Solution Engineers to support enablement success.
The ideal candidate has a passion for learning as well as driving key objectives for the business and turning data-driven insights into actions. This person excels at balancing strategic planning with execution and is very comfortable getting into the weeds. This person will build, manage, and continuously update onboarding and ongoing content and collateral that resonates with our Go-To-Market organization, and is easily accessible.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop the enablement strategy and manage a variety of GTM Enablement programs across the GTM functions. This may include instructor-led training, webinars, eLearning assignments, conferences, etc.
- Track and measure the results of enablement programs and content, and regularly report results to key business stakeholders
- Drive key on-the-job milestones for new sales hires such as building pipeline, conducting meetings, generating opportunities, and closing deals within a given timeframe
- Support the enablement team with field productivity and performance to improve ramp time and win rates
- Ensure a positive onboarding experience for each of our Kongers
- Any additional tasks required by the manager
What you’ll bring:
- 3-5+ years of experience in enablement, preferably at a high-growth SaaS company
- Have solid project management skills including: planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, and navigating ambiguity to deliver results
- Experience with Force Management, Command of the Message, MEDDPICC methodology (strongly preferred)
- The aptitude to rapidly master new technologies, methodologies, and subject matter, and transfer this expertise to others
- Have an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Project management experience delivering quality work in a fast moving environment
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills across a range of learner tenures from individual contributor to senior leader
- Proven creative thinker that independently generates and executes on innovative ideas for how to engage learners
- We are a remote first company so you should be experienced and skilled at working remotely with an international team
- We’re a high growth company, so your job duties will be varied and complex and will require strong judgement, collaboration, and leadership
- What you’ll bring to the role
A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities, have strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will demonstrate strong business judgment and be skilled at breaking down complex, high-level ideas into executable deliverables. The role requires an individual who can see around corners, anticipate needs, and solve possible problems before they happen. Excellent communication and cross-functional management abilities will be critical for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.