- Hong Kong
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications.
About this Role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as a member of the Technical Account Management (TAM) team. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers on a billable and non-billable basis as well as producing reference architectures, white papers and other technical content.
As a member of the TAM team you will act as the trusted advisor for our largest and most critical customers. Helping establish, implement and drive the adoption of API & Connectivity platforms that process hundreds of billions of transactions globally.
In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday.
This is one of the most technically challenging roles in the industry, and working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to combine that challenge with helping to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world
- Work on innovative and cutting edge customer projects
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient
- Learning our products and technologies, taking that knowledge and applying it to real world usage
- Act as the long term technical lead for key customers spanning across projects and renewal cycles
- Creating and delivering world class presentations, architectural assets and workshops to influence our customers delivery teams
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups. Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of adoption plans, reference architectures and customer usage
- Working with CX, Sales and Product teams to ensure our customers are getting the most out of the solution
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- Passion and determination about technology
- Show passion and determination about technology
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience required
- Prior Enterprise Application transformation and modernization experience
- Demonstrated experience in architecting integrations with any of the following:Integration platforms (MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, Snaplogic, TIBCO etc), API Management platforms (Kong, Apigee, WS02)
- Proficient in Linux environments including Cloud and Development tooling
- Experience writing, governing and modernizing API’sExperience designing microservices architectures and decoupling monolithic applications including reading and writing enterprise application code (eg Java, Python, C or other languages). Experience in Go language highly preferred
- Experience working in Kubernetes and Cloud Native environments, particularly with application deployments and connectivity is highly preferred
- Proven ability to work as part of a cross-discipline delivery team
- Can explain the benefits of using APIs clearly and concisely to both technical and non technical stakeholders as well as the importance of API governance
- Ability to travel to customer and Kong locations as-needed (post COVID)
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.