- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
We are looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager (TAM), to help craft and execute technical strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of our API Management platform and eventually to keep their environments operationally health. The TAM will serve as the technical champion for many of our enterprise customers. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent Kong within a customer’s environment. You will function as the primary point of contact for all technical, product and support questions on a day-to-day basis and will coordinate with & leverage the various Kong teams to ensure your customers’ success. The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational/technical needs & challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from Kong. This role will give you an opportunity to help enterprises accelerate their digital transformation initiatives. This position will require the ability to travel 25% or more as needed.
What you will do:
- Ensure constant communication with customers and emerge as customer’s trusted technical advisor and a partner
- Establish business value for customers and help them achieve the targets and ROI
- Responsible for customer’s renewal and expansion. To that effect, explore new use cases and expand Kong’s API platform usage
- Understand, advocate and document customer’s use case, architecture and roadmap
- Effectively manage the tracking and resolution of customer escalations on behalf of product and services
- Champion and advocate for the customer within Kong. Articulate and follow up with Engineering and Product Management on customers’ product features and future roadmap needs and address them actively
- Manage customer accounts with Kong’s customer maturity model framework
- Periodic review of Kong implementation and walk through best practices
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience handling enterprise customers of all sizes in Technical Account Management, Technical Support and/or Professional Services functions in a Software/SaaS company
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain complex technical issues and solutions
- Prior Experience working on one or more Cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) and/or in Unix environment
- Prior experience administering/interacting with an API management platform(s)
- Prior experience or knowledge of databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Prior experience or knowledge in container technologies (e.g. Docker) and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of DevOps (CI/CD, Jenkins, Chef, Travis, etc.), Security fundamentals (OAuth, OpenID specifications, etc.) & Networking fundamentals (OSI Layer model)
- Software development experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, or Lua (plus)
- Prior experience working for a technology startup (plus)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to meet with your accounts
- For more information about Kong, please visit https://konghq.com/ or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
- 2019 Kong Summit Highlight Video
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.