- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Software Engineering
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a developer experience engineer to join the developer advocacy team here at Kong. You’ll be responsible for making sure that getting started with any of our products is as easy as possible.
Day to day, that could involve building one-click deployment tooling, checking that our installation instructions are still accurate or building a new plugin configuration interface with smart defaults.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensuring that all our core use cases can be accomplished in under 15 minutes
- Streamlining the contributing process for all of our OSS projects
- Engaging with the community to understand what their needs are and how Kong can help enable them
- Building and maintaining demos that showcase our products
- Writing blog posts and recording videos to show off the wide range of available plugins
- Producing OpenAPI documentation for all of our products
- Helping out other advocates on the team with their work on k8s, API design and other interesting topics
What You’ll Bring
- Empathy. For our customers, for the team, and for yourself.
- Experience working with complex OpenAPI specifications
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in a written manner and in person
- Experience working remotely, or excitement to be part of a remote team
- Flexibility to adapt to new opportunities as they arise in a fast paced environment
Top 3 Qualities
- Proactive when encountering issues. Write a bug report, and ideally submit a patch to fix it themselves
- Builds personal projects to scratch an itch in their day to day lives
- Confident writing step by step instructions on how to achieve specific tasks. History of writing “Today I Learned” type content