- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
Team KonnectX is responsible for our customers’ experience of the Konnect platform. We build web applications that allow users to configure their Kong gateways, whether hosted on-premises or in the cloud.
The Principal Software Engineer on this team is responsible for the architecture and implementation of various web applications related to Konnect: The configuration management app in the cloud, the configuration management app on premises, and the internal admin app in the cloud. This role works closely with Engineering and Product Management to define and scope features for these applications.
This person will also work closely with the Platform Services team to define API contracts between the applications and the services they consume. The Principal Software Engineer will not have direct reports but will mentor other team members.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement, and maintain Konnect web applications.
- Design, implement and maintain the user-facing APIs for Konnect applications.
- Write automated tests to ensure code quality.
- Lead Konnect projects in an agile software development team to build features end-to-end.
- Support those features in the Konnect production environment by participating in an on-call rotation.
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years working on and leading teams to develop and deploy multi-tenant SaaS in production environments.
- Thorough understanding of building web applications in both monolithic and microservice environments.
- Thorough understanding of Node.js (Nest.js a plus) functional and performance characteristics.
- Experience with any or all of our frontend tech: Vue.js, TypeScript, HTML5, CSS3.
- Proficiency with git and Github workflows.
- Expertise with test-driven development and automated testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Bonus Points: Hands-on experience with any of the following:
- For the cloud applications;
- Writing and supporting large-scale SaaS solutions
- What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.