- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
As Kong’s SaaS business grows, the demands on our software development and release processes change. The Developer Enablement team provides platforms and services (both digital and human) to continuously improve our ability to ship relevant code.
What you will be doing:
- Provide consultancy to other engineering teams at Kong in support of continuous delivery.
- Design and improve release pipelines.
- Integrate Test, Security, and Compliance checks with our release pipelines.
- Automate developer tasks such as creating personal environments and starting new services.
- Coach engineering teams in the use of Kong’s internal release and monitoring tools.
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you bring:
- Empathy for developers’ experiences in writing software and creating tools.
- Knowledge of continuous delivery principles and implementations; you know how to build release pipelines.
- Ability to code, especially in Python or Go.
- Conversant knowledge of AWS services.
- Kubernetes knowledge, especially in creating containers and deployments (we use Helm).
- Comfort in *nix command lines.
- Collaborative approach to your work, both inside your team and with other teams.
- Experience running large scale SaaS applications.
- You know your way around instrumenting monitoring tools and building dashboards.
- Agile/Lean group leadership skills; you can critique a kanban board, run a retrospective, help a team identify blockers, etc.
- What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.