- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
You will be part of a team that is building Kong for Kubernetes.
As a Staff Engineer, you will contribute to all projects responsible for managing and developing Kong cloud-native components. You will be building and pushing Kong to the bleeding edge of cloud-native and the CNCF stack.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on large impact, high visibility features that drive business.
- Drive Kong for Kubernetes, Ingress controller, and helm charts.
- Lead feature development and maintain Kong’s integrations with Prometheus, Grafana, Helm, and other products in the CNCF space.
- Design, build, and extend Kong for Cloud-Native Stack.
- Leverage your deep experience working on large scale cloud-native infrastructure.
- And any additional tasks required by manager.
What you’ll bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Deep experience in Kubernetes, Golang, service mesh, L3/4/7 Proxy, API services, container technologies, and the Cloud Native Stack.
- Experience in building Kubernetes internals or having a thorough understanding of Kubernetes architecture.
- Solid hands-on low level technical expertise, understanding distributed systems, networking and computer systems programming.
- Strong sense of ownership and good communication skills.
- A demonstrable track record of large scale C/C++/Go projects, familiar with gRPC, Containerization and Microservices.
- Hands on experience of building and maintain Kubernetes controllers or operators.
- Experience in building and fostering an Open-Source community.
- Hands-on technical leadership experience.
- Experience scoping, resourcing, managing and overcoming obstacles in software development projects.
- What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.