- Date Posted
- Sep. 9, 2021
- Software Engineering
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
About the role:
Join our team in developing and delivering content that helps our users quickly succeed in getting the most out of our products. We’re looking for a Technical Writer who will work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to collaborate, develop documentation, and improve tools to enhance our Kong user experience.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What You’ll Do
- Author, edit, test, and deliver content for on-premises and cloud environments that have frequent updates. Revise, restructure, and edit existing content to improve usability.
- Work with product managers and Agile development teams to identify and define documentation deliverables.
- Write deployment and configuration guides, user guides, API and command references, tutorials, walkthroughs, and best practices guides.
- Develop and test scripts to automate Lua and API reference documentation.
- Manage open-source and private Github repositories.
- Collaborate with fellow writers, engineers, product managers, and UX designers to develop clear and concise technical content.
- Collaborate with technical support staff, field specialists, and community to develop and edit contributed content for technical accuracy, grammar, usage, and style.
- Contribute to information architecture, internal development processes, and help manage documentation development tools.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years’ experience documenting highly technical software for developers and administrators.
- Passion for writing documentation that improves the user experience. Experience documenting end-to-end solutions for Enterprise users.
- Familiarity with REST API concepts and functionality.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with Git and Content Management Systems.
- Flexibility in taking on new assignments and resolving customer issues. BA/BS degree in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience.
- Working with open-source communities.
- Writing for multi-cloud or hybrid products.
- Experience with Jekyll site generation.
- Experience with single-sourcing and Github repository management.
- Experience with help systems.
- Creating effective technical diagrams.
- Creating short videos and GIFs.