- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the Role:
You will be the first hire onto our Deal Desk team under the Field Operations organization servicing the global field organization. This means you’ll have the opportunity to help create the groundwork for the future success of the team by building processes and instituting standards. The Deal Desk works closely with partners in Sales, Finance, Legal, and Sales Operations to close deals that are good for both Kong and our customers.
The Deal Desk Manager will be obsessed with process improvement in order to help Kong continue to grow, scale, and succeed. They should be prepared to document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve processes that help drive automation and increase field productivity. The Deal Desk Manager will have a team player mentality and serves as the primary point of contact to sales for all deal related questions - big and small. They will be asked to manage day-to-day inquiries from Sales related to Salesforce, quote building, deal structuring, approval process, discount management, etc.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, be able to work effectively under pressure, and be dependable with deliverables and deadlines amidst a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be a critical member of the sales operations team - helping to create and define a new role at Kong.
- Serve as subject matter expert, and central POC for the field on any questions they have about their deals.
- Educate and mentor the sales team about our processes and deal negotiation strategies.
- Ability to think strategically when designing deals to come up with solutions that fit a customer’s unique needs and maximize revenue.
- Manage and support sales contracting flow, from proposal building to quote generation to contract close.
- Work closely with finance and legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate and compliant with internal policies.
- Help create and/or document new sales operation processes, policies and procedures.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of Deal Desk experience.
- Start-up mentality – ability to adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Understanding of CPQ and Salesforce.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Team player mindset; someone who will do what it takes to manage deals across the finish line, especially at month and quarter end.
- Works well under pressure, with ruthless prioritization and timely and transparent communication.
- Has an eye for detail, but also an ability to refer back to the big picture
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.