- Date Posted
- Aug. 2, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Customer Experience Architect (CEA), to help craft and execute technical strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of our API Management platform and eventually to keep their environments operationally healthy. The CEA will serve as the technical champion for many of our enterprise customers. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent Kong within a customer’s environment.
You will function as the primary point of contact for all technical, product and support questions on a day-to-day basis and will coordinate with & leverage the various Kong teams to ensure your customers’ success. The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational/technical needs & challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from Kong. This role will give you an opportunity to help enterprises accelerate their digital transformation initiatives. This position will require the ability to travel 25% or more as needed.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you will do:
- Ensure constant communication with customers and emerge as customer’s trusted technical advisor and a partner
- Establish business value for customers and help them achieve the targets and ROI
- Responsible for customer’s renewal and expansion. To that effect, explore new use cases and expand Kong’s API platform usage
- Understand, advocate and document customer’s use case, architecture and roadmap
- Effectively manage the tracking and resolution of customer escalations on behalf of product and services
- Champion and advocate for the customer within Kong. Articulate and follow up with Engineering and Product Management on customers’ product features and future roadmap needs and address them actively
- Manage customer accounts with Kong’s customer maturity model framework
- Periodic review of Kong implementation and walk through best practices
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience handling enterprise customers of all sizes in Technical Account Management, Technical Support and/or Professional Services functions in a Software/SaaS company
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain complex technical issues and solutions
- Prior Experience working on one or more Cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) and/or in Unix environment
- Prior experience administering/interacting with an API management platform(s)
- Prior experience or knowledge of databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Prior experience or knowledge in container technologies (e.g. Docker) and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of DevOps (CI/CD, Jenkins, Chef, Travis, etc.), Security fundamentals (OAuth, OpenID specifications, etc.) & Networking fundamentals (OSI Layer model)
- Software development experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, or Lua (plus)
- Prior experience working for a technology startup (plus)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to meet with your accounts
- Fluency in French
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.