- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About The Role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced startup as a member of the Customer Experience (CX) team. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers throughout their lifecycle, coordinating various customer meetings and acting as an interface between the customer and Kong teams.
As a member of the CX team you will act as a champion for our largest and most critical customers. Helping establish, implement and run processes and projects that help deliver successful adoption and usage of Kong products. You will be the quarterback for most post-sales activities with our key customers. In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday.
This is an incredibly challenging role and requires someone with very strong organizational and communication skills. Working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to help to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading the creation and execution of Customer Adoption Plans and coaching our customers throughout their lifecycle while working collaboratively with the rest of the Customer Experience teams to ensure customer outcomes
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world
- Work on innovative and cutting edge customer projects
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient
- Learning our products and technologies, taking that knowledge and applying it to real world usage
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups. Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of adoption plans, post-sales engagements, what is recommended and why
- Working with Sales and Product teams to ensure our customers are getting the most out of the solution
- Occasionally working in a project management capacity for internal and customer facing projects
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What we are looking for
- Experienced in managing a multi-million dollar book of business
- Experienced in leading presentations to C-level audience and driving product and company vision to customer business goals
- Proven record of attaining customer retention rate, professional services quota, and product and services revenue targets
- Proven record in capturing customer NPS responses, obtaining valuable customer feedback and working with internal cross functional teams to incorporate
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams to drive upsell and cross-sell for assigned accounts
- Capable to build trusted advisor status with customer champions and becoming go to contact for their large scale, organizational level initiatives
- Self starter who has strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion and determination about our technology and our customers
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
- 8-10+ years of prior work experience is required specifically in a Customer Success role .
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience in Open Source and/or Infrastructure software companies
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…). We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.