- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the Role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as an engineer in the Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) team. This team is responsible for assisting Kong customers in resolving complex technical issues in production and pre-production environments.
You will have the opportunity to work with your teammates and our customers to support many new, leading-edge technologies that solve real challenges. You will work to provide robust feedback and guidance to our Product and Engineering teams while being a voice for our customers, community, partners and the broader Customer Experience (CX) team. You want to make our customers and partners successful while strengthening their relationship with Kong. You can make a huge impact and have real ownership for the work you do.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a “Konger” and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with top developers from around the world; helping to implement Kong Products and Technologies including our API Gateway and ServiceMesh solutions
- Leading the investigation of complex technical puzzles and working collaboratively to understand and resolve customer issues
- Creating knowledge articles to compliment our documentation and enable customers to better understand product use cases
- Be a driver of innovation within the support team, the company and with our customers, by looking for better ways to do the work we do, improve the tools we use and the how we raise the bar on the service we deliver to our Global 5000 customers
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- You are a voracious learner, who loves to dig into technical mysteries and have the creativity to solve complex technical problems
- You can build relationships with like-minded teammates, smart customers, and global partners
- Some of the skills that you will regularly use include:REST and RESTful APIsCoding skills- (at a minimum read and troubleshoot code), Containers, cluster deployment and management tools like Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and others
- You know your way around web architectures including HTTP5+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role
Familiarity with DNS, Linux/Unix type systems and/or databases
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.