- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About The Role:
As a Kong Engagement Manager, you will be working at a hectic and fast paced startup as a member of the Customer Experience (CX) team. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers throughout their lifecycle, coordinating Kong resources and holding Customers to account to deliver successful outcomes using Kong technology..
As an Engagement Manager you will be working closely with senior stakeholders in our largest and most critical customers ensuring that both Kong and the Customer resources focus on achieving successful programmes of work. Helping establish, implement and run processes and projects that deliver successful adoption and usage of Kong products. You will be the quarterback for Kong delivery projects with our key customers. In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday.
This is an incredibly challenging role and requires someone with very strong thought leadership, organizational and communication skills. Working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to help Customers modernize their approach to IT to embrace Cloud Native development principles.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading Kong Field Engineering engagements and coaching our customers throughout their lifecycle while working collaboratively across Kong teams to ensure customer outcomes.
- Engaging with senior Customer stakeholders (including up to ‘C level’) to ensure Customer is delivering successfully.
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world on innovative and cutting edge customer projects.
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient .
- Learning the concepts behind our products and technologies and how they are applied to real world usage.
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups. Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong.
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of adoption plans, post-sales engagements, what is recommended and why.
- Working as a project/programme manager for internal and customer facing projects.
- Ensuring financial targets are met by performing activities including timesheet processing, backlog management, project resourcing and customer communications.
- As we are a startup, work may include any additional tasks required to make Kong a successful company and a great place to work.
- And any additional tasks required by manager.
What We’re Looking For:
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating.
- Self starter who has strong organizational and communication skills.
- Passion and determination about our technology and our customers.
- Self awareness and ability to engage with and influence senior customer executives.
- 5+ years of prior work experience is required specifically in a Customer Engagement or Programme Management role with experience of a broad range of delivery methods including agile methodologies.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience in Open Source and/or API Management or other Middleware software companies .
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.