- Date Posted
- Sep. 2, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Kry is a digital healthcare service enabling patients to meet and seek advice from healthcare professionals online. We’re on a mission to build better and more accessible healthcare by providing digital and seamless digi-physical services that gives patients the best possible health care experience, regardless of location.
We’re now looking for a native English-speaking translator / localisation coordinator to join our UX writing team. You will play a key part in filling the gap in our processes when creating UX copy for several languages.
You will be responsible for translating UX copy from Swedish to British English, proofreading English written by others and coordinating all localisation work.
You will work closely with our UX writers and other stakeholders across the organisation. Together, we’ll design, build and ship amazing product experiences – far better than anything else in healthcare today.
What you’ll do:
The main bulk of your work will focus on UX copy. You may also need to help translate or proofread work, as well as coordinate localisation requests, from other parts of the organisation.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Translate content from Swedish to British English, making sure that the content is clear, consistent, useful and engaging
- Proofread English content that has been written by other people
- Coordinate localisation work to the in-house team of writers and to the external translation agency
- Continuously improve the UX copy localisation process alongside writers and other stakeholders
- Continuously help to improve how we communicate in our products
- Help evolve our tone of voice and guidelines, in collaboration with other writers.
Who you are:
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Are a native, or near-native, English-speaker with excellent writing and editing skills
- Have several years of work experience as a professional translator
- Have a good understanding around best practices for localisation
- Know how to work with translation management systems
- Pay great attention to details and writing rules
- Have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your rationale for content recommendations and decisions
- Understand Swedish at a professional level
- Know a little or a lot of French, German or Norwegian. This isn’t essential, but it helps.
This is your chance to work for a meaningful company that encourages personal development and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
We offer a unique opportunity to gain a broad and deep understanding of the inner working at Europe’s leading digital healthcare provider. We value grit and a can-do attitude; there is a long and challenging journey ahead of us. You are brave enough to set high goals and then work passionately to achieve them. Last, but not least, we think you believe in that by working together we will achieve greater things than by working alone. At Kry we care about each other and the world around us. Expect to have fun and learn new things every day!
Please submit your application by including your CV, LinkedIn, GitHub or Portfolio.
Remote status Flexible remote