- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
- We are reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets
- By introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets.
- In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets.
- Solve fascinating and hard problems that affect millions of users worldwide
- Work with cutting-edge tech following DDD principles
- Open & employee-driven company culture
- Parent & remote-friendly environment
- Option to work 100% remote within +- 2 hours time difference to Berlin with all employee benefits
- Competitive salary, Employee Stock Options & great benefits
- Backed by Europe’s finest investors
You will join Layer before the Series A round, and your main objective will be to take full operational responsibility for managing, developing and scaling the engineering efforts in order to bring Layer to Series B and beyond.
Here at Layer, our product engineering team is what’s fueling our growth. Together with our CTO you will make tactical decisions in order to ensure fast & efficient delivery as well as team growth whilst adapting the processes needed to do so.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading, managing, inspiring and growing product engineering teams
- Ensuring your teams and engineers are aligned, performant and predictable in their output by constantly improving, evaluating, and monitoring dev/QA processes
- Seeing that every team member develops both technically and personally via one-on-ones, mentoring and coaching
- Fostering and nurturing a culture of transparency and trust in the engineering teams
- Attracting, assessing & hiring world-class engineering talent
You are a seasoned manager, having scaled teams by doubling and tripling in size to and above 50 engineers. You are passionate about good processes, fair and inclusive culture, and you are driven by optimising both on productivity and satisfaction across all teams. You truly care about the success of the company, and you care equally as much about each team member as an individual, their growth and realisation of their potential.
- Prior experience in managing & scaling product engineering teams in a high-growth startup
- Proven track record of ensuring and maintaining consistent, predictable high quality output of successful and satisfied engineering teams
- Strong knowledge and experience in both strategic and tactical DDD
- Excellent people management, communication, team leading and interviewing skills. You’re a strong leader with a focus on business impact
- Experience with the JVM ecosystem and preferably Kotlin
Experience in Fintech, especially concerning compliance and security
We are 13 people in the product engineering including the leadership. We’re an international English-speaking team with people from all over the world including Brazil, New Zealand, Finland, India, Philippines, Poland, Serbia, Latvia, and Germany.
- We value diversity, we treat each other with respect. Our team is our most important asset.
- Learn more about the product engineering team in our Open Culture Guide.
Our Open Culture
For us, the foundation of an evolving culture is based on openness, diversity, and the ability to adapt. We think that embracing our differences is an important ingredient for productivity, quality and growth. Our people are our most important asset. We treat each other with respect.
We believe company culture should follow the same principles as an open-source culture. Therefore, we have decided to make most of our internal documentation public to everyone:
Explore our Open Culture Guide for more insights on team, benefits, the way we work and code, tech-stack, interview process, onboarding and a lot more.
Interested in joining us?
- Amazing! Please send us your CV or Linkedin Profile, availability and salary expectations.
- Applying for a remote position? Make sure you are located within +- 2 hours time difference from Berlin, Germany.
- For more insights about candidate experience, interview process, relocation, benefits, stock options head over to our Open Culture Guide.
Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply.