- Date Posted
- Nov. 16, 2021
- Business Intelligence
A bit about us
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
We make data-driven product decisions to build our Lever products. As we grow, we have more and more requests for the product data from the business. You’ll own the data & dashboards that communicate product insights with the entire company. This analytics set will empower better customer experience, define our user personas, and optimize our product performance.
We have made a significant investment in our data stack and you would have access to top-tier data tools and the freedom to dig deep into the data that is the heart of our business.
You’ll be instrumental in supporting our quickly growing R&D organization and building out the analytics framework that will scale Lever to the next level. The work you do will impact the way our product and engineering teams measure performance and make decisions on where to invest for the highest ROI.
Our team is defining and building the analytics products in Lever. Talent analytics is the fastest-growing space in the talent & recruiting industry and our team is leading the vision for the future. You will report to the Group Product Manager of Data & Analytics products and your team will be our Data Product Engineers & Product Managers. We are a group of data nerds who love solving hard problems and making our customers happy.
The skill set
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.)
- Advanced experience with SQL is a must. Looker Experience a plus.
- Experience with visualization and BI tools like Tableau, Metabase, Domo.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as; Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences.
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Ability to remove your own roadblocks and identify what you need to succeed.
- Data Security & Governance knowledge a plus Previous experience with recruiting/HR data a plus
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into Lever’s broader organization.
- In partnership with your manager, develop your own Objectives and Key Results. These will serve as your onboarding plan and will help you and your manager align and understand your impact and progress to goals.
- Build an understanding of the product analytics toolset: Looker, Snowflake, Segment, etc.
- Research the why & how of the old analytics set to understand the context for the new analytics set.
Within 3 months, you’ll
- In conjunction with the team, categorize and prioritize data sources relevant to product analytics to create a project plan for monitoring and assessing product usage & performance.
- Maintain analytics inventory & backlog for internal analytics requests.
- Investigate and build out datasets to be used in the internal analytics environment.
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Establish, track, and report progress on product dashboards and KPIs for leadership and the entire company.
- Build standardized dashboards & metrics for uniform product data reporting.
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions.
- Educate the product team on how to use the analytics tools for their own data purposes.
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Collaborate with engineering to track the velocity and accuracy of engineering estimates and put in place a feedback process for learning and improving team execution.
- Perform a metric-based analysis on a product area to understand how widely it is adopted, by what types of users, and if there are any fall-offs in the workflows. You will deliver this to product managers to inform product design and roadmap decisions.
- Present conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership for strategic opportunities.
- Identify product recommendations and insights to empower key stakeholders to better meet our customers’ needs.
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.