- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
A bit about us
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far, (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and dynamic Senior Accountant to join its growing team. This position requires excellent communication, an ability to think critically and creatively, an eye for process optimization, a team-oriented attitude and a love of accounting.
The business decisions Lever makes as we grow are guided by careful considerations made by our Accounting and Strategic Finance organization. This is a close-knit, incredibly smart, energetic team of finance and strategy professionals that supports Lever’s every financial decision and is responsible for being the backbone of our financial efficacy. You’ll join the team at an incredibly important inflection point--this is the team that will take Lever from 200+ employees and fresh off of our Series D to the next level. The team also has a variety of backgrounds and talents--we have a writer, a DJ, athletes and even a game show winner--and supports each other significantly from key everyday processes to strategic projects.
The skill set
- 5+ years of accounting experience at big 4 accounting firms and/or high-growth SaaS technology companies.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal communication skills, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment with the desire for continuous improvement.
- Experience with Netsuite is preferred.
- CPA (or CPA candidate) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Month end: Prepare standard journals and accruals; review entries made by staff.
- Accounts Payable and Procurement: you will manage the workflows associated with these areas and assist with building out additional accounts payable and procurement capabilities within the accounting systems along with process improvements.
- Expenses: Review expense reports to ensure compliance with Company policies and process payments.
- Tax/Compliance: Assist with tax and statutory filings.
- Financial Systems: Use, administer, and implement internal financial systems from time to time, including NetSuite, Salesforce, along with other commissions, expenses, and close process tools.
- Reporting: Assist in preparation and maintenance of year end financials and footnotes.
- Audit: Interface with external auditorsAny other accounting related responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive virtual onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining a broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc.
- Complete initial 1:1s with team members: learn about their role, responsibilities, and understand how their work and impact fits into the broader Lever ecosystem.
- Conduct initial meetings with key stakeholders, from sales leadership to org leaders to understand their needs, their teams, how they work with the finance team, and other areas.
- Process Accounts Payable via Bill.com and Netsuite (reconciliations, processing invoices, approvals).
- Assist with new vendor set up and ensure W-9s and banking information is obtained.
- Manage Lever’s bank accounts including proper coding, cash reconciliations, and investigating discrepancies.
- Prepare wire payments as needed.
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Prepare all monthly reconciliations including but not limited to: cash, A/P, expenses, prepaids and fixed assets.
- Using our expense tool, act as final checkpoint to ensure that all expenses are accurately categorized and submitted on time.
- Create and maintain schedule/ledgers for Fixed Assets and Prepaids.
- Generate and maintain contract documentation in Google Drive for all existing Lever contracts and renewals, in order to ensure no invoices are approved without a copy of the contract.
- Create and manage monthly accruals to ensure completeness.
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Work with our FP&A Team to enforce Lever’s departmental budgets to ensure all expenses booked are appropriately approved and within budget.
- Manage and execute on a quarterly plan to review contract renewal schedules, in order to communicate timelines to department managers.
- Liaise with the budget owners to create and manage the software licensing process.
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Perform accounting systems evaluations (expense reporting, invoice management), identify gaps and make recommendations on systems upgrades including timelines and project plans.
- Interview candidates to help continue to build out our accounting team.
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have reached our Series D, raising more than $120 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.