- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
A bit about us
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever’s first Financial Analyst will play a key role in forecasting and making proactive recommendations to all relevant stakeholders. This is an opportunity to have substantive and real-time impact on our business--we’ll look to you to forecast not only for today or the current quarter, but years from now as well. You’ll be on the frontlines of where we’re seeing unprecedented success and you’ll drive actionable changes to the business. You’ll partner with our CFO and other seasoned SaaS leaders, and learn about how a growing, scaling, and how a venture-backed business functions successfully.
The business decisions Lever makes as we grow are guided by careful considerations made by our Strategic Finance & Accounting team. This is a close-knit, incredibly smart, energetic team of finance and strategy professionals that supports Lever’s every financial decision and is responsible for being the backbone of our financial efficacy. You’ll join the team at an incredibly important inflection point--this is the team that will take Lever from about 200 employees and beyond our series D. The team also has a variety of backgrounds--we have a writer, a baker, a singer, athletes and even a game show winner--and supports each other significantly from key everyday processes to strategic projects.
The skill set
- Prepare to be tested on your finance, analytical/math, and modelling skills!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Economics, or other relevant analytical fields.
- 2-5 years of investment banking, consulting, or financial modeling experience with technology companies, preferably SaaS.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint (or Google Suite equivalent). While not required, experience with SQL and Cloud BI (e.g. Tableau) and financial planning tools is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build relationships and trust with people across all levels of the organization.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple priorities and non-uniform workloadsExperience with key business systems (e.g. Salesforce, Netsuite) preferred.
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to jumpstart Leveroos and get them to full productivity as quickly as possible, while gaining a broader understanding about how their role fits into the org, Lever’s product, mission, etc.
- Attend Sales Ramp Camp, our sales-specific onboarding program, in order to understand our sales cycle and our key go-to-market business systems.
- Become familiar with Lever’s financial model and operational data sources. You’ll partner with Finance leadership to understand all financial / business inputs, decision makers, funnels, and metrics.
- Create a regular cadence of 1:1s with relevant stakeholders and learn about each stakeholder’s needs from the business and from the Finance team
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Be a key contributor to our cross-functional effort to improve data flow and data quality. Help build key business reports and exhibits and repeatable processes to streamline creation of such reports.
- Take an active role in up-levelling the operating model and long-range planning (LRP): Make recommendations and start iterating on Lever’s model and processes. This will include refining the model to ultimately improve forecast accuracy.
- Attend necessary P&L and cash forecasting meetings, become familiar with our plan and update as necessary with the outputs of the forecast meetings moving forward.
- Complete your first variance analysis package and deliver your findings to department budget owners.
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Support Lever’s capital strategy and partner with Finance Leadership / executives as needed. This may include compiling information as requested by internal / external parties, and delivering ad-hoc analyses.
- Co-own our corporate model and related communication with Finance leadership. From there, you will also be responsible for revising and continuously updating our LRP’s. These models will help us understand Lever’s financial efficacy and tracking to goals.
- Create a consistent cadence for continuous forward-looking model--you’ll use this cadence to consistently update the business and key stakeholders.
Within 12 months, you’ll
- You will work closely with all the functional leaders to complete the annual planning cycle for our upcoming fiscal year, including managing our strategic planning process with the Strategic Finance Team, and working closely with our Finance leadership and Executive team.
- Help with the evaluation of systems that helps streamline our key financial controls and processes.
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.