- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
A bit about us
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is at a key inflection point: we’ve built a successful, growth-stage company with a best-in-class product, but we’re by no means in maintenance mode. We’re looking to build the next big thing to help the world hire with conviction. To do so, we need to bring a Group Product Manager reporting directly to the Head of Product to focus on strategic initiatives.
As a Group Product Manager, you will have the chance to lead a team and partner with peers in ProdOps, Engineering, Design, Marketing to execute Lever’s vision. You will define product strategy for Lever’s core product, be the owner for end-to-end development of your roadmap, and work closely and daily with engineering and design. As a product leader, you will be working across many core product areas to understand our customers’ needs and ensure our solutions scale, innovate, and solve the right problems.
You love leading product teams and complex product initiatives while empowering, engaging, and leading multiple streams of work through your reports. You are not shy in being opinionated and optimistic, solution-oriented that we can take Lever to the next level. You will flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution and between business-level prioritization and deep discussions with design and engineering. You will set and achieve ambitious goals on growth, adoption, and engagement, helping the company define and succeed.
You will partner with stakeholders to align on project initiatives. You will work alongside a forward-thinking product team, with who you will collaborate in establishing the relationship and impact between new product functionalities and our core product needs.
Wihtin 1 month you’ll...
- Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s week-long version of onboarding. You’ll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos.
- Dive into learning about the products in our talent acquisition suite - Lever Hire, Lever Nurture, and Lever Analytics - including the benefits they deliver and how we position them.
- Have directed one-on-ones with members of the R&D leadership team to understand current and planned initiatives.
- Get up to speed with our existing partnerships and the competitive landscape—Shadow customer interactions across user research, sales, and customer success.
Within 3 months you’ll...
- Work with the rest of the product management team to understand current product initiatives, gaps, and opportunities for Lever’s core functionality.
- Define high-level strategy and roadmap for Lever’s core product and regularly present to Product and Engineering Leadership.
- Write impactful individual and team OKRs that help you and your product team stay on track to support the company’s OKRs.
- Start fully coaching and mentoring your reports.
- Once permitted, you will travel to San Francisco every 2-4 months to foster project collaboration across products in our SF HQ (if not already residing in San Francisco.)
Within 6 months you’ll...
- Identify key success metrics for our core products and take ownership for evangelizing the vision with all Lever stakeholders.
- Work with Design to refine scope and initial design and conduct formal Product Review with the executive team and Feature Kickoff Review with Engineering.
- Work with Product Operations and Product Marketing to communicate and roll out core product improvements.
- Report on the outcomes of the release as it relates to your product area. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met and what learnings to use in the next launch.
- Collaborate with engineering to track the velocity and accuracy of engineering estimates and put a feedback process in place for learning and improving team execution.
- Propose multiple potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes and make objective recommendations.
- Help grow other product managers by mentoring, pairing, and developing other learning opportunities and PM skills/frameworks.
Within 12 months you’ll...
- Collaborate with the Head of Product and Engineering to prioritize new products or modules and propose milestones for delivery.
- Work with engineering leadership to identify the correct technical resources and availability to initiate execution.
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions.
- Play a key role in ensuring communication, collaboration, and alignment between the product, design, and engineering teams in SF and the teams in Toronto.
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.