- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
A bit about us
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Recruiting is a hot market, growing 12-15% y/y on its own, and applicant tracking systems like Lever are in high demand. At the same time, hiring has never been more competitive and costly, making talent solutions that improve a company’s hiring ROI incredibly valuable.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will own product features that not only help our customers scale and configure their Lever experience but also help our internal teams to be more efficient. This is a great opportunity to work on high-impact initiatives that touch on each part of the app. Whatever challenge you will own, with your technical expertise, detail focus, and product sense, you are driven to provide a huge impact on customer satisfaction. You will excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success to deliver value to users through product launches. You will seamlessly flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution. Through strong qualitative and quantitative data points, you will build and execute an outcome-driven roadmap that aims to help customers solve their recruiting needs.
We’re building a world-class product-first organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
Reporting directly to our Head of Product, this role will have the opportunity to drive key decision-making and product strategy.
The skill set
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager in a tech company with a track record of delivering software with high business impact (with at least 2 years as a PM in an Enterprise SaaS company).
- A proven track record for full lifecycle product management developing products from concept to launch for large scale initiatives.
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative or business-focused field preferred, MS or MBA optional.
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide onboarding bootcamp where you will learn about Lever’s values, business, and product
- Shadow at least one customer interaction per week. Across Sales, Support, and User Research, you will understand how Lever’s users of today and tomorrow use the product
- Meet with the Engineering team to get to know Lever’s technology stack and how it allows us to build great product.
- Meet with Sales Engineering and Customer Success to understand how the product is positioned and used.
- Have directed one-on-ones with members of other teams to understand how each organization at Lever contributes to the overall success
- Participate in a fully-formed product development team as they take a feature to market
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Launch a product feature from start to end as the primary owner. You will work with Leadership, Design, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success to design, build, and launch the right MVP.
- Identify key success metrics for the feature and take ownership for evangelizing the feature with all Lever stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering to track velocity and accuracy of engineering estimates and put in place a feedback process for learning an improving team execution.
- Close a key strategic deal with the Sales team. You will help prospects map their current and future needs to Lever’s product offering and roadmap
- Draft internal documentation on the launch strategy for a new feature in collaboration with Marketing
- Report on the outcomes of one of your product launches. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next launch
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for leadership and the entire company
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions
- Make critical product decisions that optimize for Lever’s best interest against the concerns of multiple stakeholders. You will bring along the entire team along with you in your decision
- Own and drive a major, complex cross-functional product effort. You will enforce the correct scope, flag risks, and coordinate stakeholders
- Perform a metric-based analysis on a product area to understand how widely it is adopted, by what types of users, and if there are any fall-offs in the work flows. You will use this to inform product design and roadmap decisions
- Attend an external industry event where you will evangelize Lever’s product and mission
- Be able to advocate/defend the Product Org’s views of what is right—even if it comes to conflict/disagreement with CEO—with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the entire company on product methodology and philosophy
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.