- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Product Management
A bit about us
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, Atlassian, and McGraw Hill rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Are you a storyteller? The Lever marketing team is looking for a hands-on, experienced, and enthusiastic Content Marketer who can oversee the creation and execution of our content process, production, creation, and measurement. This role will ensure strategic alignment that supports the full GTM motion for Lever (Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience).
This is an excellent opportunity for a utility player who has various experience and interests to work across many mediums, including digital, print, events, direct marketing, product details, website, and more. Ideally, you’d be passionate about people technology and have a keen interest in working in a fast-growing technology company like Lever.
The skill set
- 3-5 years of content marketing experience, success and marketing in a B2B tech environment, preferably SaaS.
- Proof points around content marketing channels and formats that yielded both brand and ROI results.
- Strong project management skills and experience working successfully with cross-functional teams, as well as outside agencies.
- Develop content designed to engage our target audience, including C-Suite.
- Drive the creation of various types of demand marketing content to support a rapidly growing business.
- Define, develop, and implement content strategy frameworks, toolkits and guidelines, with the aim of developing world-class experiences at scale.
- Portfolio of top content launched (ie. case studies, eBooks, video, social campaigns).
- Innovative ideas and thoughts for where content marketing will go in the future.
- Team player with a hands on attitude; loves working with people and building relationships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos.
- You’ll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever’s broader organization.
- Dive into learning about our suite’s products — including the benefits they deliver and how we position them.
- Meet with cross-functional teams to learn about customer pain points and shadow sales calls to learn more about the product and how we position it to potential customers.
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Get familiar with social media campaigns, writing/design consultants and start developing a strategy to improve content marketing results for the future.
- Coordinate and lead a content planning session across Marketing and external inputs to understand what items are P1 and allocate and create timeline and goals associated with the ask.
- Identify freelancers to allocate to open projects (Demand Gen, Events, Sales, CS, etc.).
- Update the marketing flight calendar that communicates content in design and completion date.
- Familiarize with recent output on an in-house and external content audit exercise and present to the marketing team key learnings from both competitors and other leaders in SaaS content marketing.
- Start writing and complete the first eBook from ideation to launch.
- Take over the case study program to improve sales proof points and results for sales.
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Work cross functionally with Product, Sales, Enablement, Marketing and CS to ensure we are properly creating a balanced content approach (Campaigns, Thought Leadership, Product Support, and Website/Blog).
- Explore content marketing tech to further sales results and drive leads down the content marketing funnel.
- Continue to collaborate with design and writing teams to produce high quality content.
- Continue to support, contribute and maintain the editorial calendar, delegate tasks and ensure content deadlines are met.
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis and inspire team members.
- Content Stakeholder for Customer Conference and promotion as part of the team to deliver a fantastic experience and engagement
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Analyze web traffic metrics and contribute ideas to improve copywriting and SEO results on the website.
- Optimize all content marketing initiatives to improve SEO metrics.
- Conduct writing workshops for Sales and CS to learn writing tips that drive engagement and conversion.
- Create a repository of speakers and thought leaders we can partner with for events, content, workshops, etc.
- Co/drive the content SEO strategy with web for FY23 - Super Day Planning.
- Establish and support the content planning strategy and identify expansion opportunities for FY23 - Super Day Planning.
- Assess what worked and what didn’t work with an assessment for next fiscal year planning - create a strategy for next fiscal year.
- Establish content best practices and ensure that it is documented and shared broadly throughout the team (and cross functional teams).
- Serve as a Editorial/Writing Consultant for other teams (Demand Gen, Product, and Sales).
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.