- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Product Management
A bit about us
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
We are looking for a “think outside the box”, highly curious marketing professional with a high acumen for demand generation, analytics, and marketing operations. In this role, you will lead, grow and develop our acquisition strategy and team across all online and offline channels. These channels include SEM, Social, Digital and Direct Marketing, Events, Partnerships, and Website. You are strategic, creative, and data driven. You are strong in analytics and understanding reporting and data insights. Driving marketing operational efficiencies and best in class execution and measurement. You are eager to expand Lever’s market awareness, educate and capture buyers’ interest, and ultimately build a pipeline to exceed our targets. You will work closely with department leaders (e.g., Sales, Customer Marketing, Product Marketing, Web Strategy, and Partner Marketing) to define an ambitious strategy and ensure we are developing the right tools and talent to drive pipeline growth.
The ideal candidate should possess a unique blend of marketing strategy and operations with a passion for people management, data, metrics and reporting, with an eye for operational efficiency and scalability. You should be a people magnet with the ability to attract, develop and retain top notch talent the marketing demand gen and operations team. Be an active member of the marketing leadership team to further grow the marketing function. Execute targeting and segmentation across (e.g., SMB, mid-market, strategic accounts) segments, verticals, and persona level across prospects and existing customers. Operate digital campaigns through marketing tech stack including Marketo and SFDC as the major inputs. Develop and provide measurement of campaign and overall marketing investment impact including actionable data insights leveraging Bizible to pinpoint efficiencies, reduction of sales cycle, increase conversion, data hygiene, optimize campaign spend and ultimately grow revenue overall.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of demand generation programs and operations while working cross-functionally across the organization (e.g., Customer Success, Revenue Operations, Sales, Marketing, Brand & Design, and Product & Research.)
- Lead, motivate, mentor, and manage 3-person team and agency relationships to drive efficiency and high performance
- Develop monthly breakthrough goals, quarterly strategic objectives, and key results (OKRs) in partnership with the Marketing team and cross-functional leaders.
- Improve lead progression through the funnel by leading with strategy development, management buy-in, execution, and reporting
- Define and execute programs and tactics to support Account Based Marketing initiatives
- Create and execute integrated campaigns for digital and offline channels that convey Lever’s messaging and positioning to drive revenue for all market segments.
- Own the content journey for our prospects in coordination with the Head of Content, Web, Customer Marketing, and Product to drive conversions.
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report the impact of campaign and demand activities on sales pipeline, revenue, and demand funnel velocity.
- Optimize, innovate and drive efficiencies across marketing technology portfolio applying an experiment, measure, and fail fast mindset.
- Monitor, analyze, and work with an agency to execute marketing programs, conduct A/B testing, and optimize always-on digital campaigns to ensure strong ROI
- Lead and execute business marketing rhythm, including weekly marketing syncs, future all-hands meetings, monthly marketing leadership meetings, weekly DG/Ops alignment and performance tracking post and quarterly business review (QBRs) with critical internal stakeholders.
- Co-partner with Revenue Operations to create a center of operational excellence and reporting across all GTM efforts.
- Build a next-generation marketing operational tech stack and actional reporting insights that inform across all campaigns, programs, and content
The skill set
- 8+ years’ of B2B experience managing global demand generation & operation strategy across online and offline channels, demonstrating significant measurable results.
- 3+ years of direct oversight of marketing operations - managing a full marketing tech stack (e.g., Eloqua, Pardot, Hubspot- preference is Marketo) with a bi-directional sync with SFDC
- 4+ years’ experience leading and managing a team of (3+) direct reports
- Strong global campaign strategy, development, and execution experience. Prior experience planning and executing campaigns for customer and partner audiences.
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing multichannel demand generation campaigns and programs with global experience
- Big picture thinking, and meticulous attention to detail – Ability to quickly understand overall business objectives, create a well-aligned marketing strategy and execution plans with clearly defined metrics and KPIs.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments
- Experience identifying the right portfolio of agencies and managing day-to-day relationships.
- Account Based Marketing experience is strongly preferred. ABM knowledge of principles and technologies is a must.
- Strong technical skill with web, marketing automation, salesforce.com, and google analytics
- Knowledge of current best practices and new strategies for digital and lead generation marketing
- A creative thinker with proven ability to effectively execute integrated and streamlined marketing programs
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams and at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience marketing to HR personas is a plus.
- Event marketing or event technology experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- A multi-tasker that can execute across a variety of different responsibilities at one time
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; you must be a self-starter.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing professionals
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever’s broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about each person’s strengths, interests, roles, and responsibilities.
- Connect with Marketing and Sales Leadership to begin architecting future efforts to achieve quarterly goals.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to understand upcoming fiscal year strategies and desired outcomes.
- Meet with cross-functional teams to learn about customer pain points and shadow sales calls to learn more about the product and how we position it to potential customers.
- Complete a draft and understand your quarterly OKRs and contributions
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Complete your new hire Impact Project that includes an audit-review of the overall demand gen and operations infrastructure and process to architect a blueprint to drive cross functional alignment, operational efficiencies, campaign tracking and measurement to identify breakthrough innovation.
- Pilot new marketing channels (and messaging) based on data, market intel, and trends.
- Continue to improve and track results in SEM and SEO conversions working cross-functionally with the Head of Content, Web Strategist, and Product Marketing to deliver a digital content experience on our website and digital platforms to drive conversions.
- Immerse yourself with Bizible (all reporting) to leverage insight to inform Impact Project but in real-time efficiencies for internal programs (lead scoring, nurtures,
- Drive promotion for Lever’s Customer Conference
- Full ownership of the Marketing Demand Generation and Operations Flight Calendar
- Full ownership of communications of weekly/monthly/quarterly of new business goals
- Pillar partnership with key stakeholders to drive quarterly planning and integrated campaign creation
Within 6 months, you’ll
- EStaff presentation of the Impact Project
- Fully execute Impact Project and continue to evolve for upcoming super days (strategic planning for next fiscal year)
- Massively scale lead flow for efficiency and conversions to improve win rates through implementing, tracking, and adjusting your strategy and plan.
- Complete a lead scoring audit with Operations to update Nurture campaigns (ToF, MoF, and Sales Outreaches) to incorporate known data, buyer intent, and predictive analytics.
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Be the foremost authority on our buyers and contribute to strategic product direction decisions at the leadership level.
- Subject matter expert on our category, competitors, and build a go-to-market strategy that promotes our suite of solutions, integrations, and services in partnership with Product Marketing.
- Architect upcoming fiscal year strategy and goals for the upcoming planning sessions for the next fiscal year
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.