- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Product Management
A bit about us
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for a talented Senior Product Marketing Manager to help drive how we communicate our solution vision and value in the market. You’ll work with a cross-functional team to drive the ideation and development of new customer- and value-oriented content, including thought leadership collateral, demand generation materials, and sales enablement tools for select products and solutions within the Lever product suite. In addition, the Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating compelling content and messages specifically by segment, persona, and verticals, as well as sales tools and content that support our GTM teams and partners worldwide.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving go-to-market activities, competitive intelligence, messaging, and positioning of our products. You will be expected to be creative and strategic to highlight our products’ best features and then co-build marketing and sales campaigns, programs, and content to drive revenue. In addition, you will be researching market trends and working with various departments to launch new products successfully. You should also keep abreast of industry innovations and new marketing techniques.
The skill set
- Previous working experience in Product Marketing for 3+ year(s) in B2B preferably SaaS, bonus if an HR software/solution
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail is a must
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research industry and buyer trends independently
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Unlimited growth/promotion space
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You’ll learn about our business, product, vision, and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever’s broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with management and peers to learn more about each person’s roles and responsibilities
- Connect with manager to understand department goals and history
- Dive into learning about our suite’s products — including the benefits they deliver and how we position them.
- Meet with cross-functional teams to learn about customer pain points and shadow sales calls to learn more about the product and position it to potential customers.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to understand upcoming fiscal year strategies and desired outcomes.
- Complete a draft and understand your quarterly OKRs and contributions
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Complete “Impact Project” by doing an audit of sales tools and assets being leveraged and architect a toolkit that will have a significant impact on each stage of the funnel and sales cycle, and renewals and expansion.
- Maintain and manage competitive intelligence via Crayon and comparisons by working with cross-functional stakeholders and executing self-led research
- Become familiar with Lever positioning and messaging and able to communicate the value of new products and services to the sales and marketing teams
- Becoming an expert in our target market and industry
- Informed on buyer personas for new business and renewal and expansion personas
- Review the website to understand current product copy, familiarize with the help center, and build out additional content on the website to ensure that key functionality and features are represented.
- Support refining our positioning and messaging on our talent analytics in order to support marketing campaigns, upsell opportunities, and new customer acquisition.
- Partner with sales enablement, sales, and CXS to identify and prioritize collateral and training opportunities
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Capable of speaking and presenting both internally and externally the story of Lever and our vision and product value
- Develop and implement promotional activities such as product launches and campaigns
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas
- Partner in quarterly content planning and identify opportunities for product-led content that will assist in educating the market on the value of LeverTRM (3 content pieces)
- Support sales enablement – communicate the product’s value proposition and services to the sales team and develop effective sales tools that support the selling process.
- Market requirements – identify market trends and define opportunities and product requirements, work with product management.
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Analyze web traffic metrics and contribute ideas to improve copywriting and SEO results on the website.
- Content Stakeholder for Customer Conference and promotion as part of the team to deliver a fantastic experience and engagement
- Support the identification of new product/solution launches and go-to-market plans as part of the product roadmap
- Support the research and strategy of future pricing strategies and recommendations for new products to demonstrate customer value and maximize revenue opportunities for Lever
- Serve as an Editorial/Writing Consultant for other teams (Demand Gen, Product, and Sales)
- Identify ways to improve top-of-funnel conversion through interactive content such as ROI calculators and demo materials.
- Support Lever value props through the creation of key data proof points that prove our solution’s impact
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.