- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Sep. 9, 2021
- Professional Services
A bit about us
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is used by 4000+ customers globally including some of the fastest growing companies and many of the most innovative talent teams. Lever customers range from small business thru enterprise and we have a global team of professionals focused on making them successful with Lever from the start and ongoing as they evolve. We’re looking for our first ever Professional Services Sales Manager to elevate our approach to partnership between Sales and CXS as we continue our impressive growth. This is a unique opportunity to help define both the role and our strategy as we scale regionally and continue our international expansion. As the Professional Services Sales Manager, you will support our Sales and CXS teams, as well as our prospects and customers, support discovery, help qualify, represent the value of our delivery services, scope complete solutions, and evolve our how we communicate and engage our prospects and customers.
As the Professional Services Sales Manager, you will partner with Customer Experience and Solutions (CXS) leadership, as well as with Marketing, Sales and Product to help us add new and retain existing customers. You will be the trusted and sought after partner for Sales and Customer Success because you instill confidence with customers and prospects alike by crafting the right solutions necessary for their success and the success of Lever. The CXS team trusts you to make promises on their behalf and set the right expectations for a great customer experience overall.
Join a high-performing, tight knit team in a growth stage tech company that is working to make hiring more transparent, collaborative, strategic, and effective. The CXS organization at Lever holds deep product and recruiting knowledge and is growing quickly in response to the ever expanding list
Of customers powered by Lever globally. We’re an experienced team maniacally focused on providing a great customer experience and a passion to drive initiatives that improve internal processes. The Professional Services Sales Manager will work with CXS leadership, and the rest of the Lever GTM team to keep the customer in the forefront of everything we do.
The skill set
- Deep experience in SaaS Enterprise implementation with a product/service that is a System of Record.
- Expertise with high velocity implementation process.
- Have worked in an organization that included billable resources, custom solutions with a solutions architect.
- Implementation, delivery of custom solutions, and the technical enablement of partners.
- Scoping, pricing, authoring of statements of work, and negotiation in partnership with the sales team.
- Monitoring and reporting on implementation revenue of new business; post sales implementation; boosters, customer engagement, customer renewals.
- Partnering with Sales during calls and onsite visits with enterprise prospects to represent and sell the value of Implementation and Service Offerings.
- Working with Sales, SA, and Sales Engineering (SE) to scope, write and deliver Statements of Work for new and existing customer engagements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever’s broader organization. You’ll also get a chance during your first few weeks to kick off your first Lever project.
- Round out your onboarding during your second week focused on Lever’s go to market teams, by attending sessions hosted by Sales, Marketing, G&A and CXS. You’ll learn about Lever’s implementation offerings and service and support offerings, the Lever sales lifecycle, packaging and pricing, value drivers, contracts, statements of work, implementation methodology, launch process, and the Lever product roadmap.
- Meet with Product and go to market (GTM) leaders to understand product strategy, roadmap, and business priorities to help calibrate the qualification and scope of future delivery services.
- Work closely with CXS leadership to understand current point of view on delivery services strategy and evolution of Lever’s Implementation Offerings and custom solution options.
- Shadow or review three (3) CXS overview calls with prospects.
- Shadow or review five (5) Account Executives on calls and customer-facing meetings to learn sales strategies, positioning, and process.
- Shadow or review five (5) SC conversations across pre-sales discovery sessions in order to build an understanding of solution discovery and the nature of the current Sales process.
- Shadow or review five (5) SA conversations across pre-sales scoping, technical partner enablement, and customer consultation sessions in order to build an understanding of solution discovery, pre- and post-sales SA engagement, approach, and nature of the current Sales and Success partnership.
- Meet with Account Executives and sales leadership individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, perceived value of Lever’s service delivery offerings, gaps in understanding, common drivers for custom solutions, and ways to improve the collaboration between Sales and CXS to qualify, scope and win new business and renew existing customers.
- Meet with IS and PS leadership to understand current competencies, organization, prior solutions, backlog, and current solution delivery process.
- Shadow or review five (5) Implementation Specialist (IS) and Implementation Consultant (IC) calls and training sessions across customers to build an understanding of implementation approach, methodology, key milestones, systems, processes, and the differing customer needs by company size.
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Complete Product Certification for Lever’s Talent Acquisition Suite after learning the products and demonstrating proficiency through eight (8) immersive hands-on sessions led by product certified Implementation Specialists.
- Partner with Sales during the sales cycle to help qualify accounts, support discovery, represent and sell the value of Lever’s delivery service offerings, scope solutions, create proposals with AE, draft SOWs, and help close deals.
- Partner with PS and Implementation leadership to forecast, measure and report on regional IS and PS capacity and performance including project financials, attach rates, on-time deployment, Customer Satisfaction, and NPS goals.
- Establish and host a bi-monthly delivery services pipeline review with Product, Sales leadership, and CXS leadership and to discuss upcoming contracts, resourcing needs, integration productization, and product development in relation to the full pipeline and forecast. Adjust and prioritize SOW / Contracts as needed (e.g., reduce scope, divide work into phases, start dates, add contingency for assumed risk, delay projects, etc.).
- Work with Sales and Revenue Operations to ensure desired services are attached to all relevant deals
- Own the Services bookings quota, revenue forecast, and sales for relevant prospect deals
- Partner with CXS and Sales leadership to develop GTM plan for regional and international expansion
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Establish and share points of view on delivery service offerings, contracting, and pricing structure: integrations (standard + customization), services (existing + new), and boosters; articulate how they fit with Lever company and GTM strategy; validate with Sales, Product, Marketing, and CXS.
- Meet or exceed quarterly delivery services revenue attach rates for new business sales while monitoring and reporting on implementation margins.
- Collaborate with Marketing to launch a program to identify and leverage customers for network proof programs such as case studies, testimonials, and early stage delivery references.
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Implement identified improvements to success metrics, evaluate performance compared to targets, adjust success metrics and/or targets as needed, continue to develop areas of improvement. Determine optimal Prospect/Customer-to-EM ratios (taking into account offering/complexity of contract).
- Work with the Lever’s Success leadership team to forecast, monitor, and maintain post-sales implementation boosters, support and customer engagement costs under 30% of MRR.
- Continue to expand upon Lever service offerings with existing customers and new markets/channels to increase sources of new revenue alongside Customer Success, Sales, IS and PS.
- Develop new service opportunities based on customer needs aligned with company strategy. Work with domain experts to refine service offering details. Gather buy-in, secure resources, test and sell 1-2 new service offerings. Evaluate impact and revenue potential.
- Manage IS and PS pipeline against forecast: continue to identify resource needs and develop IS and PS team members into new roles and/or hire as needed; prioritize projects based on resourcing, company priorities, and product roadmap; be forward-thinking with respect to new offerings/services.
- Work side-by-side Sales and Director of Channel Partnerships to identify areas of PS opportunity: new offerings/services to existing customers/channels, opportunities with new markets/channels, new offerings/services to new markets/channels.
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.