- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 9, 2021
A bit about us
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We’ve rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager to join our growing team in supporting our largest and most strategic customers. In this role, you will partner with our Strategic Customer Success Managers and our customers to demonstrate the value of our solution to talent leaders and technologists around the world. You will advise customers on industry trends and recruiting best practices, overcome common objections and compliance considerations, and recommend the configurations, integrations, and customizations. We are obsessed with creating an exceptional customer experience that helps our customers grow. The discovery, solutioning and best practices that you present to customers will help increase the value of Lever to our customers, increasing their satisfaction, confidence and at times support an additional investment in Lever.
As a TAM, you’ll get to use your technical know-how and passion for people to make a direct impact on Lever’s customers and revenue growth. You’ll expand your technical skill set, develop industry expertise, and influence the development of new features. Most importantly, you’ll get to help some of the most innovative companies in the world hire the talent they need to grow and scale.
You’ll be joining a team of tech-savvy sales people on a mission to solve the hiring challenges of a changing world. We’re a highly specialized group with various backgrounds and areas of expertise, but we all have one thing in common. We’re problem solvers,partners to Solution Consulting, Professional Services and we’re prepared to learn about what solutions will impact our customers ability to achieve their goals.
The skill set
- Consultative problem solver with 5+ years of SaaS Technical Account Management, Implementation or Solution Consulting experience and proven track record of success
- Technology enthusiast that can translate complex or technical concepts easy for anyone to understand
- Naturally curious and skilled at asking questions that will help uncover a core challenge a team is trying to solve
- Active listener that can take the learnings from conversations and form proposed solutions to customers that are actionable and digestible
- Skilled presenter who can deliver informative and effective presentations
- History of building strong relationships with customers and colleagues
Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete Ramp Camp, Lever’s company-wide onboarding program, where you’ll meet other new Leveroos in your cohort, and learn our mission, history, and where we’re headed next
- Learn Lever’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, and segment-specific value propositions
- Participate in product training program and pass an in-depth certification to become a Lever-certified product expert
- Meet with your TAM team and Customer Success counterparts to understand the most common ways the team engages with customers
- Become product certified and begin shadowing customer interactions
- Train cross functionally with your Solution Consulting counterparts in New Business and Technical Account Management team on typical customer engagements and ideal outcomes of those typical engagements
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Lead virtual technical discovery, product demonstrations and solution presentations with our customers that showcase the advantages of talent relationship management
- Participate in advanced training program on Lever’s API and data products
- Study Lever’s infrastructure, security controls, and compliance measures to complete your first security questionnaire
- Become a strategic partner to Strategic Customer Success Managers and help the team hit or exceed their quarterly Net Retention goals
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and find opportunities to document and simplify the way TAM engages internally to support customer needs
- Lead and help support customers with their New Talent Leader onboarding where you will help train Talent Leaders and learn about their initiatives, strategies and goals with Lever
- Manage proofs-of-concepts for customers to experience how Lever accomplishes their recruiting goals
- Gather requirements for custom development and work with our Professional Services team to determine feasibility of the custom solution
- Meet with IT and security professionals to handle technical questions and proactively mitigate any concerns to help reinforce Lever’s partnership
- Attend monthly product feedback meetings and advocate for the needs of our strategic and high growth customers
Within 12 months, you’ll
- Tackle projects that contribute to the continued success of the Technical Account Management organization
- Identify patterns in the way TAM’s add value to the customer experience and develop new engagement offerings and best practices to deliver on those new engagements
- Serve as a mentor for new hires, sharing knowledge, best practices and real time feedback with your peers
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.