- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
At Linear, we are creating software for teams who want to build high quality products. Quality of software is driven by both the talent of its creators and how they feel while they’re crafting it. Teams that have the time and energy to be focused on the work itself can build magical, high quality software. Our tools and practices need to do their best to nurture this, not take it away. To bring back the right focus, these are the foundational ideas Linear is built on - The Linear Method.
Our founders Tuomas, Karri, and Jori started this journey in 2019 and have designed, delivered and scaled software at some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world — Uber, Airbnb, and Coinbase. We are a remote-first company with a team of 9 based in the USA and EU and we're looking to hire great people who are based in US/EU or equivalent timezones. We raised Series A funding in December 2020 lead by Sequoia Capital and have investment support and advisement from industry leaders including Dick Costolo (Managing Partner, 01 Advisors|Former CEO, Twitter) Dylan Field (CEO, Figma), and Patrick Collison (CEO, Stripe).
As a small team, we’re all generalists and constantly picking up new challenges. When it comes to design, we’re looking to work with experienced people who can pick a problem and solve it. We care deeply about design. For us, it’s both how it works and how it looks. At its core, Linear is a developer tool where speed, interactions, and small details matter. We are designing it to be highly functional, yet minimalistic and delightful. We expect a broad set of design skills, and ability to create high-quality designs, interactions and prototypes. For these first designer roles, we are looking for people with several years of experience working in cross-functional product teams and creating interactive products and applications.
- Several years of experience leading and designing interactive applications
- Excellent visual, UI and interaction skills
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the overall product and design direction of the whole company
- Work cross-functionally with engineers and other partners
- Come up with features and improvements that ship quickly and with high quality
- Use and evolve our internal design system
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Help with hiring and establishing a design culture within the company
- Redefining best-in-class software design and development processes so that we can build an opinionated product
What we value
- Passion for design and figuring out best in class solutions to UX, UI and interaction challenges
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Expressing ideas through visuals and prototyping (Linear uses Figma)
- Experience with design systems, programming and using technical tools like (Git, VSCode, Origami, FramerX).