- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
- Business Applications
At Linear, we are creating software for teams who want to build high quality products. Quality of software is driven by both the talent of its creators and how they feel while they’re crafting it. Teams that have the time and energy to be focused on the work itself can build magical, high quality software. Our tools and practices need to do their best to nurture this, not take it away. To bring back the right focus, these are the foundational ideas Linear is built on - The Linear Method.
Our founders Tuomas, Karri, and Jori started this journey in 2019 and have designed, delivered and scaled software at some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world — Uber, Airbnb, and Coinbase. We are a remote-first company with a team of 13 based in the USA and EU and we're looking to hire great people who are based in US/EU or equivalent timezones. We raised Series A funding in December 2020 lead by Sequoia Capital and have investment support and advisement from industry leaders including Dick Costolo (Managing Partner, 01 Advisors|Former CEO, Twitter) Dylan Field (CEO, Figma), and Patrick Collison (CEO, Stripe).
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Sourcer to help us recruit top engineering and design talent. In this role you will create and execute sourcing strategies targeting experts across US and EU timezones. You will partner closely with our Talent Lead and Founders to build pipelines of diverse leads, engage passive candidates with compelling messaging, and manage candidates through the front end of the interview process. As the second person to join the Talent team, you will work with the Founders and interviewers to build best practices and streamline hiring processes as needed to ensure we hit our recruiting goals and deliver a magical candidate experience.
What You’ll Do
- Research top product engineering and design talent and map the industry and competitive landscape.
- Leverage compelling messaging to engage technical talent and represent Linear’s brand and values.
- Screen candidates and manage their interview process through hiring manager and skill assessment stages.
- Routinely review pipeline metrics to understand sourcing effectiveness and make data driven decisions about your strategy.
- 3+ years technical recruiting or sourcing experience in a fast paced environment.
- Solid understanding of the technical landscape and modern web technologies.
- Experience partnering closely with recruiters and hiring managers to understand priorities and working as a team to achieve hiring goals.
- Track record of building relationships with engineering candidates with excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Passion for building diverse candidate pipelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work well autonomously in a remote-first environment.