- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Business Development
A relationship savant with a passion for commerce and fintech that will own our partnership initiatives in this space.
Linktree is the market leading linking platform. In 2020 alone we grew from 3 to 10 million users (now over 12 million!). The platform enables brands, artists, publishers, agencies, creators and small businesses to curate an online ecosystem, instantly guiding their audience to the destinations that they care about.
We have a global team of over 70, with a rapidly expanding US presence but and offer great flexibility in working fully remotely or in the office sometimes.
You are still reading? Amazing! On we go…
What you will do in this role:
As part of our Partnerships team, this role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a roster of partner relationships in the commerce and payments markets globally.
You will learn the ins and outs of how Linktree works with partners from Nick, and work closely with him in strategizing partnership approaches. You’ll collaborate closely with our Product team to understand our capabilities and roadmap, and our communications and content teams to amplify our partnership efforts.
You will also own contract negotiations, be a subject matter expert on what is happening in the wider market to add value to our clients and educate the rest of Linktree on opportunities and competitive threats.
- You’ll also be working within the broader Growth team, led by Jess who is an award-winning mentor and Managing Director of Girls in
- Tech Australia.
In the first 3 months you would:
- Present a draft of our Commerce Partner roadmap informed by our existing data and broader industry landscape
- Shadow Nick on existing Commerce partner conversations
- Begin to take on day-to-day Commerce partner communications from Nick.
- Collaborate on the integration and go to market strategies on pending partnerships
- Plan our implementation roadmap for Commerce partners
We are looking for:
- Experience in partnership or account management roles in commerce, payments or fintech
- Demonstrated knowledge of the creator economy
- An existing network within the fintech or ecommerce space that you can tap into
- Ability to build new meaningful relationships with partners and collaborate to meet their needs.
- Keen understanding of how creators use various platforms and services to meet their needs.
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze opportunities’ strategic value to Linktree.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, with CRM experience as a nice to have
- The key measurement for success in this role will be the number of successful partnerships executed and the performance resulting from these partnerships.
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 12 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!