- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Data Science
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 200 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
Read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box? Don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in under-represented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
As a Machine Learning Manager at Linktree, you will manage a team of machine learning engineers and data scientists. You will be responsible for guiding, supporting and enabling the individuals in your team to exceed all expectations and progress in their careers, and will heavily involved in the hiring process for new team members.
You have outstanding people-management and organisational skills, but you yourself are also a strong, hard-working engineer who maintains context over and makes regular contributions to Linktree’s codebase. The ML Manager works with other leaders in the business to craft delivery expectations, and delivers critical insight and invaluable expertise in critical conversations. As an ambassador of Linktree’s cultural and technical values, you’ll embody this through your continuous research, development and aspirations to build world-class teams that deliver high quality solutions.
- People leadership: Lead, mentor, guide, and grow your team.
- Growth: Collaborate with the talent team to attract, hire and retain the best ML talent in the market.
- Collaborate and build: Work with the other engineering leaders and Tech Leads to champion the architectural vision for the machine learning platform as it continues to scale and evolve.
- Technical leadership: Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical decisions. Coordinate the overall development life-cycle, from design and planning to implementation and support, to maintain a high standard of software quality.
- Scale: Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
What you’ll bring
- Experience leading, growing, and developing an impactful data team.
- Strong collaboration mentality.
- Experience implementing a technical vision at a team level.
- Strong machine learning experience.
- Understanding of Agile.
- Great writing, documentation, reporting on state of play.
- Passion for growth and scale, and an understanding of the ambiguity that can come with this.
What to expect from Linktree
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18-week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all team members on neurodiversity, unconscious bias, and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree team members work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Headspace & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- All Linktree team members receive $1000 AUD towards setting up their work from home space.
The Linktree story
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 18 million users worldwide, 30,000+ new signups every day, and around a billion pageviews per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
In March 2021, Linktree raised $45 million in Series B Funding led by Index Ventures and Coatue on top of our Series A with Insight Partners and AirTree. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our team.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!