- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Data Science
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 200 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
Read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box? Don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in under-represented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!
As a Senior Data Analyst at Linktree, you will sit within the Data Products team and work closely with Data Analysts and Data Engineers. You will focus on providing user-friendly data servicing to internal stakeholders and our users. You will partner with various business functions to understand their needs and provide insights that drive the business forward. You are excited about deriving insights from data and motivated by having an impact on the business. You will ensure that consumers have easy access to data, enabling them to make informed, data-driven decisions on a self-serve basis.
- Work with large volumes of data, identify patterns and trends, and build continually useful dashboards.
- Tell the story to stakeholders, visualise and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that provides insights.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and encourage a self-serve culture to access data.
- Collaborate closely with the various functional areas to understand requirements, develop meaningful insights and build quality data products that unlock value stored in our data.
- Deliver Analytics & Reporting to meet business needs and drive strategic decision making.
- Educate wider teams on self-serve BI and conduct sessions and workshops to upskill them on using the BI tool to discover insights.
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analysis and reports produced.
- Create rich documentation around data so the wider teams get a good sense of the state our data.
- Support the improvement of data and processes to greater automation and optimisation of team insights delivered to the business.
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment creating a positive impact.
What you’ll bring
- Passion for driving user insights and recommendations through social media event data.
- Experience deriving insights from data and motivated by having an impact on the business.
- Ability to collect, organise, analyse and present large amounts of information with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with large data sets.
- Strong competency with SQL.
- Experience with Snowflake and Python desirable.
- Knowledge of Looker desirable.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written – be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas.
- Strong collaboration mentality.
- Understanding of Agile.
- Passion for growth and scale, and an understanding of the ambiguity that can come with this.
What to expect from Linktree
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18-week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all team members on neurodiversity, unconscious bias, and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree team members work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Headspace & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- All Linktree team members receive $1000 AUD towards setting up their work from home space.
The Linktree story
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 20 million users worldwide, 30,000+ new signups every day, and around a billion pageviews per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
In March 2021, Linktree raised $45 million in Series B Funding led by Index Ventures and Coatue on top of our Series A with Insight Partners and AirTree. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our team.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include Dwayne Johnson, TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!