- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Data Science
Solve interesting and complex problems across all facets of the product
- Use modern tech - Snowflake and AWS
- Flexible and remote working from anywhere in Australia
Linktree is the market leading linking platform. In 2020 alone we grew from 3 to 10 million users (now over 12 million!) and we are growing by 30,000 users per day. The platform enables brands, artists, publishers, agencies, creators and small businesses to curate an online ecosystem, instantly guiding their audience to the destinations that they care about.
Data is a fundamental piece of the Linktree product and our team loves nothing more than to provide our users with the best possible data insights to help them optimise their Linktree’s. We also use this data to make product decisions and are always looking for ways to enhance the capabilities of our data platform. We are growing rapidly and you will have a lot of opportunity to contribute to the evolution of our Data Platform and deliver value through data.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will sit in the Data Platform squad and collaborate across all branches of Linktree (bonus points for enjoying puns). Reporting into the Head of Data you will really drive and take a lot of ownership of our data platform and how it’s developed, mentor others and make technical decisions.
Our Head Office is in Melbourne but we have people based across Australia, USA, Brazil and Indonesia and offer a very flexible remote way of working. Some of our team are fully remote, others are hybrid remote and in-office sometimes. Basically, you’d have the choice of working remotely in Australia, or from an office if you’re based in Sydney or Melbourne, or a mixture of both.
You will contribute to building mission-critical data pipelines and reusable data products and patterns that make up Linktree’s data platform. You will primarily focus on designing, building, testing and maintaining the data pipelines such that they are robust, scalable and fault-tolerant. You will also work on efficiently integrating, transforming and structuring the data for use in individual analytics and BI applications that will be consumed both by internal teams and Linktree users.
In this role you would:
- Use a modern stack that includes Snowflake, Python, AWS Kinesis, S3, Lambda, Glue, RDS, DynamoDB, Athena, EventBridge and SQL
- Design, build and maintain scalable data pipelines and automated tests to pull together information from different data sources, transform them and serve data for analytics applications
- Efficiently transform and feed data to analytics features that will be consumed by the users of the application
- Build and maintain frameworks to ensure monitoring, reconciliation, integrity and quality of the data platform
Our company culture:
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in office sometimes, even when COVID is behind us
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the set up of your home work-station for each employee
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 13 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
In March 2021, Linktree raised $45 million in Series B Funding led by Index Ventures and Coatue on top of our Series A with Insight Partners and AirTree. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!