- Date Posted
- Nov. 10, 2021
- Design & UI
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box, please don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button.
As our Product Design teams continues to rapidly expand, we are looking for a Senior Group Design Lead for our Partnerships and Platformization groups - You will lead and scale multiple squads, you will be a leader who can clearly demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of platformization and be the subject matter expert on product design within the Platform space.
As a Senior Group Design Lead you will:
- Collaborate closely with product, insights, data and tech counterparts to shape a data-informed vision for the user experience of our products and platform.
- Be instrumental in leading and translating this vision into an inspiring and actionable Design Strategy for their team.
- Represent design at a strategic level and influence group strategy and direction and roadmap
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience building product design teams, managing and progressing design talent as well as mentoring and leading design managers
- A proven innovator and strategic thinker who will be confident scaling our tools, process and ecosystem from the ground up.
- Strong communicator and storyteller who can confidently influence the strategy and direction of their group in collaboration with counterparts to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and external partners alike.
- You will demonstrate a firm technical understanding and ability to navigate technical conversations and constraints and communicate them to design managers and designers in squads alike
- Comfortable tackling large projects head on and building pathways forward
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and documentation skills
- Ideally has extensive product design experience with consumer products, a deep understanding of user experience, proven experience creating and adapting a design style guides and systems
- A confident mentor, collaborator, and the source of forward momentum for a team and will be able to identify and grow leaders within the design team, setting them up for success and progression
- A strong grasp on product best practice, attention to detail, and sometimes unconventional thinking
- Highly comfortable working in a fast scaling environment full of ambiguity and big complex issues
- The ability to confidently find the balance between data and insight-driven executions and company vision and objectives
Where and how we work:
We are a global, diverse group across age, gender, and race and offer a truly flexible and family-friendly work environment. Kids, pets and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid “remote and in-office sometimes” approach and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney with LA coming next but our team is spread across Australia, Brazil, Indonesia, USA, Canada, Ireland and Nigeria.
Being globally distributed doesn’t mean you need to change your time zone, and we offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a “normal” 9-5 as we are a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our culture & benefits:
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We have a paid 18-week parental leave program that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours’ paid volunteering leave per calendar year.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training on neurodiversity, unconscious bias, and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, all employees have free access to Headspace and Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- All Linktree staff receive $1000 AUD towards setting up their work from home space
The Linktree Story
The average number of social media accounts is close to 9 per person these days. Chances are you’re also using more than 3-4 social media platforms - But where should someone who wants to discover more about you achieve that? In a highly fragmented digital world, the concept of presenting your whole self feels overwhelming to most - and that’s where Linktree comes in.
Creating this category 5 years ago, we launched a simple tool that allowed anyone to manage their corner of the online world. Want to link all your social media accounts under one link? Thinking of turning your passion into your income? Want to share your ideas, beliefs, or even just a playlist you like? Linktree has the platform to help you get it done.
It sounds good, we hear you say, but how do I know if it works? Fair question - why don’t you take it up with Facebook, TikTok, Redbull, HBO, Metallica, Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, or Michelle Obama? They’re all using Linktree!
With an average sign up rate of 30,000+ new users per day for the past 18 months (with no signs of stopping), and with our latest funding round of $45M USD announced recently, we’re on our way to make a real impact on the digital world - and we’d love for you to join us for this ride.