- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Design & UI
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 100 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box, please don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don't self reject!
You are a multifaceted creative. One who can perfectly balance conceptual with practical and know when to turn up the volume of either depending on the project. You understand that rules are helpful and how to work in them. But are equally comfortable breaking them in order to make creative that is unique, inspiring and moves people to the core. Variety is the spice of life, and you sprinkle it on everything.
We’re looking for a crafter of beautiful moving images to create exceptional motion pieces. Someone who is comfortable pushing the status quo. This person should be able to build from the ground up, exceptional creative that moves and inspires users, customers and internal teams. This person will be highly collaborative working with the rest of the motion design team, studio, marketing and brand teams. Keep on top of trends in market and if you don’t know how they produced that great piece of work, you’d find out and then learn how to.
What you will own:
As a Senior Motion Designer at Linktree, you’ll be working together with various members and teams to achieve your goals - You’ll not only investigate how we currently work and help us optimise it as you grow into your role, but will also help push our brand to a new level and deliver best in class creative. We’re just getting started, so joining us now means a LOT of influence on the direction we’re going.
Leading in your role isn’t working on your own, though - you’ll have peers, leaders and mentors available to help when needed as you innovate your way to delivering results and supporting others.
In this role you will:
- Deliver best in class creative.
- Push our brand and teams forward through delivering inspiring and creatively diverse work.
- Work on everything from brand films to social campaigns, and bringing motion into our website and other brand touchpoints.
- Play an integral role in shaping our motion brand guidelines.
- Use after-effects at the highest level, like instead of Edward Scissor Hands you would be Jamie After Effects fingers. We are looking to really up the quality of work we do in this space
- Be a creative editor that understands short form edits, timing, and music in motion content
- Take a sketch or a storyboard and turn it into a final product
Where and how we work:
We are a global, diverse group across age, gender, and race and offer a truly flexible and family friendly work environment. Kids, pets and the occasional delivery person are all actively encouraged to appear on our Zoom screens. All of us at Linktree work either fully remote or a hybrid “remote and in-office sometimes” approach and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
We currently have offices in Melbourne, Sydney with LA coming next but our team is spread across Australia, Brazil, Indonesia, USA, Canada, Ireland and Nigeria.
Being globally distributed doesn’t mean you need to change your time zone, and we offer autonomy and flexibility in how you structure your days and weeks. There will be the need for some collaboration outside of a “normal” 9-5 as we are a global company, but we aim to work asynchronously where possible.
Our culture & benefits:
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We have a paid 18-week parental leave program that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours’ paid volunteering leave per calendar year.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training on neurodiversity, unconscious bias, and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, all employees have free access to Headspace and Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- All Linktree staff receive $1000 AUD towards setting up their work from home space
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a Motion Design role at a brand, media company, or agency
- Diverse motion skills across art direction, typography, layout, user experience design
- Someone comfortable with ambiguity, because when 30,000 people sign up everyday, there’s a lot of things to design
- A portfolio showcasing a wide range of high- quality motion pieces that span the gamut from conceptual to literal across different industries/clients.
The Linktree Story
The average number of social media accounts is close to 9 per person these days. Chances are you’re also using more than 3-4 social media platforms - But where should someone who wants to discover more about you achieve that? In a highly fragmented digital world, the concept of presenting your whole self feels overwhelming to most - and that’s where Linktree comes in.
Creating this category 5 years ago, we launched a simple tool that allowed anyone to manage their corner of the online world. Want to link all your social media accounts under one link? Thinking of turning your passion into your income? Want to share your ideas, beliefs, or even just a playlist you like? Linktree has the platform to help you get it done.
It sounds good, we hear you say, but how do I know if it works? Fair question - why don’t you take it up with Facebook, TikTok, Redbull, HBO, Metallica, Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, or Michelle Obama? They’re all using Linktree!
With an average sign up rate of 30,000+ new users per day for the past 18 months (with no signs of stopping), and with our latest funding round of $45M USD announced recently, we’re on our way to make a real impact on the digital world - and we’d love for you to join us for this ride.