- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Engineering QA
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 16M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has close to a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down.
In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our team!
The role summary:
Our goal is to make quality best in class with our engineering teams, here at Linktree! You will be our first Senior Software Engineer - Quality, that will help to form a newly defined Quality Engineering squad. Your key area of focus is to establish and scale our automation processes.
You will collaborate with squad members to architect automated solutions, increasing their ability to test their own code for quality. From there, you will continue to explore other areas that embrace quality as a platform such as data metrics, security, incident prevention and improving our engineering practices!
- Build automated solutions that inspires confidence in the product quality that is being delivered
- Design and contribute impactful changes in quality that are measurable, easy to adopt and provide ample benefits to the wider engineering team
- Continuously work on improvements to add test coverage, increase the reliability of our tests and ensuring we have the correct balance between the number of tests vs the value added
- Use data metrics to prioritise and guide where our efforts are best placed and as a measure that we are continuing to improve our engineering processes.
- Be a thought leader in quality, be a supportive sounding board for squads and be prepared to lend great insights into quality as part of engineering discussions
- Learn, coach and mentor others in the best tools and practices that can help to increase engineering productivity and help to enhance an engineer’s experience
- You’re very experienced in web applications, testing services and it’s backend.
- You have experience with CI/CD and common tools like Docker and AWS services such as ECS and Lambda.
- Experience with Buildkite, GraphQL, Datadog, Snowflake, Fastly is desirable
- You are a curious, passionate and highly motivated individual that loves embracing new frontiers and challenges!
- You are a creative thinker - thinking outside the box is the norm for you and this is shown in the creative solutions that you have come up with.
- Collaboration excites you and you’re experienced in collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders and establishing wonderful working relationships
If you’ve read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in minority groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button!
What to expect from Linktree
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all team members on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that
- All Linktree team members work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the setup of your home work-station for each team member
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Headspace & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours’ paid volunteering leave per calendar year