- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 200 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
Company: The Linktree Story
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 18M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has around a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down.
In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff!
Working with Linktree’s engineering team to ensure our platform runs, securely, quickly, and efficiently at a rapidly increasing scale and velocity. SRE is handled differently at Linktree we value enhancing the developer experience above the traditional reactive administration. Building tooling and enhancing functionality to empower engineers to self serve infrastructure at scale.
There are a lot of things we think are great about working at Linktree but we are biased, so here are the key takeaways that most Engineers seem to want to know:
- While we primarily support AWS, Datadog, Fastly and LaunchDarkly, a large portion of work is developing tools to make these more accessible.
- Tech Stack: AWS - Lambda, Cloudformation, ECS (Fargate), EventBridge, SQS, Kinesis, CloudWatch, S3, Cloudfront, Route 53, TypeScript, Docker, Buildkite, CDK (note, we aren’t expecting you to have experience with ALL of these - but a passion to learn!)
You will be able to:
- Improve our platform security (some may refer to this as DevSecOps)
- Work towards operational excellence
- Increase site reliability (SRE)
- Performance and cost optimisation
- Experience building tooling
Nice to have:
You’ve previously worked in technologies like Typescript, Node, PHP, GraphQL or REST API
If you've read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box, don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in minority groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button!
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the set up of your home work-station for each employee
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Headspace & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.