- San Francisco
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Product Management
Linktree is looking for someone to take the lead on our social team. This reports directly into our Head of Brand & Comms and starts with a small globally distributed team but you will grow that team as part of your role. We currently have a social media manager in Brazil and one in Australia, but you will be expected to hire, motivate and inspire more people and quite quickly.
The two key criteria we are looking for are strong experience in tech brands and prior experience managing and leading large global teams. Combine that with your strategic and creative brain with a healthy obsession for social media and you could be the one we are looking for.
Who is Linktree: A rapidly growing tech company, with 30,000+ new account sign-ups every day and 12 million+ customer accounts. We completed our Series A raise last year and grew from 15 to 60 people across the globe, with even higher growth planned in 2021.
This role will lead all global strategies, outputs, and team members for Linktree social media in collaboration with specialist creatives, paid media and growth specialists. You’d dive really deep into who our customers and potential customers are and where they live online, then set that strategy on what are we saying to them and how and when and why.
The US is currently our biggest growth market and highest volume of customers, which is why we’d love for this role to be located out of LA but with plenty of flexibility around remote working. We currently have Nick and Jeremy in LA, with new offices and plans to hire around 20 people in LA in 2021. You'll work with our Australian-based team too, including our creatives (Nicky and Nicko, plus the Nick I mentioned earlier so if your name is not Nick that would swell) and Henry and Ana our Social Media Managers. You will hire and mentor more social media managers across the globe too.
What are we looking for:
- Someone at Head of Social, VP or Director level with experience leading strategies and teams in the SaaS/consumer tech space.
- Ideally, you will be both creative and strategic. We don’t want to put our creative ideas to the wrong audiences and platforms, or boring content to the right audiences.
- Experience growing and managing globally distributed teams.
- At least 6 years experience in Social / Creative agencies working on tech brands or inhouse in strategic social media positions.
- A conceptual thinker who has created breakthrough campaigns that evolve the brand to reach its target audiences.
- Ambitious and autonomous people that want to be a big part of Linktree’s continued growth and understand the challenges that come with early-stage startups.
- A team-first attitude, as a growing startup it’s important that everyone we bring on believes in doing whatever needs doing, regardless of title or job description.
It would be great if you were able to:
- Be an expert in Linktree’s products, audience, and community - you’d be the go-to voice on how this translates to all thing social.
- Understand and contextualize cultural, social, and market trends and audience behavior to inform strategy and creative.
- Capture and bring to life insights that champion our community, and feed those into the business to inform inspiring and actionable creative briefs and the product direction itself.
- Establish and evolve the brand strategy and positioning for Linktree’s external channels.
- Deliver inspiring creative briefings by ensuring brand consistency, collaborating with and supporting creative teams throughout the process.
- Apply focused strategy across diverse, concurrent campaigns and partnerships.
- Manage a team of passionate Social Media Managers who deliver on our external channels every day.
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 12 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!