- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Management
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 200 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
An experienced product copywriter with a strong understanding of customer lifecycle and marketing for SaaS products, sitting in our growth marketing team, you’ll be writing for paid video and still content, onboarding and activation education campaigns.
Linktree is the market-leading social linking platform. In 2020 alone we grew from 3 to 10 million users (now over 13 million!) and that number is going up by 30,000 a day. The platform enables brands, artists, publishers, agencies, creators and small businesses to curate an online ecosystem, instantly guiding their audience to the destinations that they care about.
Our Head Office is in Melbourne but we also have an office and team in Sydney and remote teams across Australia, Brazil and Indonesia. We also have a growing team in the US with plans to open an office in LA once Covid19 allows us. Some of our team are fully remote, others are hybrid remote and in-office sometimes.
This role can be based anywhere in Australia, with offices in Sydney and Melbourne for those that want to spend time in the office.
What you will do in this role:
You will work closely with multiple product, brand and growth squads to build a consistent tone of voice that reflects Linktree across our paid media, automation emails, in product messages and feature go-to-market comms. You will drive the optimization of USP’s and will create experiments with different test styles to optimise for conversion.
You will own:
- The copy style, approach and roll out for the growth team to clearly communicate the product’s features and benefits
- The build of clear and consistent tone that reflects our core brand position across paid media, automation emails, in product messages and feature go-to-market comms
- The experimenting of testing to collect data and optimise conversion, delivering those insights back to the wider business
You will collaborate with:
- The design team to help build out paid video and still content, onboarding and activation education campaigns with global scalability
- The brand team to ensure the tone of voice is reflected and relevant
- The growth delivery squad on go-to-market releases including driving key messages on feature releases with product marketing
- Data analysts for deep dives into our current data
What experience and skills are we looking for:
- Experience in digital or product copywriting roles for SaaS companies
- Experience working within a global business that operates across multiple currencies and languages and with a large customer base (Over 1M)
- High collaborative! Our company is very cross-functional so you should genuinely enjoy collaborating on projects
- A high level of EQ and empathy to the challenges of working in a hyper-growth startup
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- All Linktree staff receive $1000 towards setting up their work from home space
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 13 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
In March 2021, Linktree raised $45 million in Series B Funding led by Index Ventures and Coatue on top of our Series A with Insight Partners and AirTree. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!