- Date Posted
- Dec. 1, 2021
- Software Engineering
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 18M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has close to a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down.
In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our team!
In April 2021, Linktree acquired Odesli, an automated, on demand smart link platform for songs, albums and podcasts. Linktree recently launched Music Links, its first feature powered by the content matching capabilities of Odesli.
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup. We are looking for Backend Software Engineers who are great problem solvers, enjoy collaborating with others (not just engineers) that value well-written and tested code.
There are a lot of things we think are great about working at Linktree but we are biased, so here are the key takeaways that most engineers seemed to want to know.
- You will be working with many different tools and technologies: TypeScript, Node.js, Redis, Fastly CDN, Jest, Docker, etc.
- You will work across the entire stack: server-side content matching algorithms, lots of third-party API integrations, caching strategies, infrastructure setup and maintenance, customer support/admin, etc.
- We strive for a work culture of flexibility + collaboration, which includes fully remote work, focus on quality of work instead of when you work, strong asynchronous communication, mentorship and pairing early and often, etc.
- You enjoy helping people, including both your teammates and our users.
- You are a good communicator.
- You are not afraid to ask for help.
- You genuinely enjoy writing code and building software.
- You enjoy learning.
- Nice-to-have: You have experience in or a passion for music and/or podcasts!
If you've read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box, don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in minority groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button!
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all team members on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree team members work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the setup of your home work-station for each team member.
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours’ paid volunteering leave per calendar year.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Headspace & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.