- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Software Engineering
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 16M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has close to a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down.
In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our team!
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup. We are looking for Backend Software Engineers who are great problem solvers, enjoy collaborating with others (not just engineers) that value well-written and tested code.
There are a lot of things we think are great about working at Linktree but we are biased, so here are the key takeaways that most engineers seemed to want to know:
- Tech Stack: primary languages are Node.js and PHP (legacy). The rest of our stack includes Typescript, Storybook, Elasticsearch, REST APIs, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, AWS (Lambda), Kubernetes, Terraform and Snowflake. Our first build was in PHP so that is our legacy code.
- You will work with a team of platform engineers to elevate the developer experience, focusing on the backend.
- We push a culture of collaboration and strong communication, with a focus on our Senior hires in their ability to coach and mentor others. We have also recently designed career paths with different options for those that want to progress into management and those that prefer to stick to technical excellence and contribution.
- You could come from other SaaS product companies but we are also equally interested in agency backgrounds, ideally with a mix of product and website build experience.
- An appreciation for building consistently our platform by working with a team of engineers to enhance the the developer experience
- We’re open to your tech stack but experience in Node.js is highly preferred
- Strong communication skills, high EQ and collaborative people
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all team members on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree team members work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the setup of your home work-station for each team member.
- We are proud to offer all regular full-time and part-time employees 20 hours’ paid volunteering leave per calendar year.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Headspace & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.