- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 200 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 15M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has over half a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down.
In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff!
As a Platform Engineer you will work in a team 6 within our platform team. We run in a hybrid model where our Platform Engineers embed themselves into our product teams for specific projects and then take that information back to their squad to make consistent improvements to our platform. You will enjoy solving cross-service problems, and have a passion to identify root causes in complex scenarios.
- Work on initiatives to enhance the reliability of the Linktree platform
- Design, build and run resilient systems
Build new infrastructure
- Enhance the developer experience and workflow
- Work with AWS CDK and Typescript
- Be a team player and use your strong communication skills to empower the Software Engineers for best practice within site reliability
- Fluency in at least one modern programming language, we use Typescript so it’s important your keen to work with it
- Strong cloud infrastructure experience, we use AWS and CDK
Terraform or Cloudformation experience
- Containerisation experience, we use Docker and ECS
- An ability to wrangle with infrastructure tooling, and get why infrastructure-as-code is mandatory
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build and maintain healthy cross-team relationships
If you've read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box, don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in minority groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button!
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us. Our CTO Mitch Malone is also fully remote so you could be anywhere really.
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the set up of your home work-station for each employee
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.