- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Working with Linktree’s engineering team to ensure our platform runs, securely, quickly, and efficiently at a rapidly increasing scale and velocity. There is a strong belief at Linktree that DevOps is a culture and not an individuals position, as siloing that responsibility would go against the core purpose of Devops.
Our platform is on AWS so we will call this core requirement #1 but we do look for engineers with a diverse skill set. If you’ve previously worked in technologies like Node, PHP, PostgreSQL or REST API, you’ll have a better understanding of our wider code base. AWS certifications aren’t the holy grail for us either, nothing against them but we know plenty of great engineers haven’t had the time to sit those certifications.
We’re interested in chatting to you if you have the above and can:
- Improve our platform security (some may refer to this as DevSecOps)
- Work towards operational excellence
- Increase site reliability (SRE)
- Improve performance
- Achieve cost optimisation
We are using tools such as:
- AWS - Lambda, CloudFormation, ECS/Fargate, VPC/Networking, EC2, Security (IAM, Security Hub),EventBridge/SQS/Kinesis, CloudWatch, S3, Route 53
- (note, we aren’t expecting you to have experience with ALL of these)
Where is this role based?
Our CTO Mitch Malone is also fully remote so you could be anywhere in Australia really. We are mostly based in Melbourne but currently have engineers in Perth, Sydney, Tasmania, Newcastle, Queensland, country Victoria, and Ireland.
What is your dev environment like?
Linktree has grown a lot and quite quickly, which means our structures and processes aren’t perfect, yet. That should be ok with you and if anything, appeal to you so you can contribute to the design of those systems.
We are agile and we expect our Engineers to do requirements analysis and work closely with Product Managers and Designers on developing user stories. Our Engineering team writes unit, integration, and e2e tests and we are developing a strong Devops environment - you’ll be a big part of this too.
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 12 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!