- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 200 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 14M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has over half a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down. In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff!
The Growth Engineer is a new role in Linktree, giving you the opportunity to have a big impact in our user growth. You will work closely with a range of teams across marketing, growth and data and enjoy experimenting in a range of ways to optimise our user onboarding experience. This role is predominantly focused on the frontend however, if have experience across the fullstack even better!
- You will mostly use Typescript and React. The rest of our stack includes Node.js, Storybook, Elasticsearch, REST APIs, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, AWS (Lambda),Terraform and Snowflake
- Work on the sign-up flow and optimise the onboarding experience for our Linktree users across the globe
- Work in a cross-functional team driving experimentation, testing patterns, AB testing and building frameworks to support this
- Provide support for growth tooling - Google Optimise and Braze
- Lead the tech planning and development of the (front end UI components)
- Partner with Product, Design and marketing
- Set-up and scale a data-driven analytics and experimentation infrastructure
- Take part in our hypothesis building and code our ideas into features that move the needle on key metrics, including conversion, retention, and virality
- Analyse data, automate processes, seek out patterns, and make inferences on ways to measurably improve our product and service
- Be exposed to all parts of the business and be a core contributor to our team’s productivity and the success of our millions of users!
- Passionate about solving problems that effect the customer directly
- You either have experience in the below, or else are really keen to learn -
- The ability to work from rough briefs and refine on the fly
- Experience building/using A/B testing tools and are very comfortable with statistical significance and common types of statistical bias
- Passionate about growth, best in class user experience, and you bring in an experimental mindset that breaks complex problems down into actionable tasks
- Ideally you have some experience with our tech stack but we are looking for technology agnostic engineers who want to use the best tool for the job.
- Enjoy working in a growing startup/scale up where you will drive initiatives and have a real impact to our customers.
If you've read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box, don't rule yourself out just yet. We've seen the research that women and other people in minority groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button!
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees having free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.