- Date Posted
- Aug. 18, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who We Are
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You’ll Do
As a Compliance and Transaction Monitoring Analyst you will contribute to the Compliance function by:
- Optimizing operational processes and procedures for maximum efficiency while maintaining quality standards
- Gatekeeper of financial partner deliverables including marketing, regulatory filings, external inquiries, and ad hoc reviews.
- Review and analyze transactions, accounts, and users for suspicious activity
- Escalate AML/CFT alerts and draft case investigations in accordance with internal policies and procedures
- Draft Questionable Activity Reports and escalate to senior management
- Disposition PEP and OFAC sanctions screening alerts generated from screening tools, conducting additional due diligence as needed, and performing periodic re-screening of the customer database
- Review AML monitoring screening tool reports
- Assist in fine-tuning AML monitoring scenarios for efficiency (scenario/rules optimization)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of transaction monitoring, investigations, and sanctions screenings policies and procedures
- Stay up-to-date with the current regulatory landscape and compliance requirements of the fintech industry; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements for detection of potentially suspicious activity
- Work closely with compliance colleagues across the company on ad hoc initiatives
Who You Are
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that a successful Compliance and Transaction Monitoring Analyst at Lithic will have:
- 2 to 3 years within the financial services compliance or AML
- Working knowledge and experience with AML/CFT/Sanctions/Fraud regulations, risks, and typologies
- Adept at prioritization; you manage a host of time-sensitive tasks
- Detail oriented and able to work independently and within a dispersed team environment
- A detailed understanding of fintech and the payments landscape, or the ability to learn quickly.
- Ownership mindset - caring about seeing projects through from start to finish.
- An enthusiastic and positive person with a can-do mentality — you consider no task too small.
- A strategic, collaborative, results-oriented, and analytical approach to problem solving, comfortable with an ever-changing startup environment.
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.