- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 17, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who We Are
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You’ll Do
As our first Business Due Diligence Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting enhanced due diligence reviews on all Lithic clients. You will lead and manage various processes, including on-boarding, periodic reviews, special event-triggers, and ad-hoc projects to keep Lithic and its clients safe and compliant.
Some of the things you’ll do as an early member of the team:
- Work cross functionally with Revenue, Product, Legal, and Operations to on-board customers
- Perform all onboarding due diligence, including Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), and AML/OFAC research
- Assess the accuracy, completeness, and quality of CIP/KYC/EDD documentation, high risk factors, transactions, negative news, and risk mitigation for high risk customers
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and point of contact for all KYC/EDD onboarding inquiries and escalations that arise
- Manage Lithic’s internal systems and assist in iterating and optimizing various processes and tools
Who You Are
You are process-oriented and relish in breaking down problems and building solutions. You have a passion for finding solutions to complex business problems with a risk-mitigation mindset.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that successful candidates will have:
- 3+ years of financial services regulatory compliance experience with a focus on KYC/EDD
- Deep knowledge of AML/OFAC, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act on-boarding requirements and FinCEN Customer Identification Program (CIP) Guidance
- Familiarity with public records, screening databases, and other due diligence investigation tools such as LexisNexis
- Strong quality, delivery, and customer service orientation
- A high level of urgency
- Sound judgment and decision making
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.