- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who We Are
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You’ll Do
As a member of our Risk team, you will work closely with our Risk & Business Operations team to determine the risk associated with onboarding clients for Lithic’s products.
- Analyze applications, transaction behavior, and account activity to identify risk & fraudulent clients, users, and patterns
- Work with the rest of the team to streamline & improve existing risk, fraud, and operations processes
- Work with the engineering team to build machine learning algorithms to catch risky actors and fraudsters before they strike
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of success or a budding interest in risk management within a fast-paced, high-growth environment. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that a successful candidate will have:
- 1 - 3 years of work experience in risk, fraud, and/or credit underwriting at a financial institution, tech company, or financial services consultancy
- Interest in growing a career as part of a nascent risk function
- Excellent research and analytical skills – you love being a detective and work tirelessly to find all the clues
- Outstanding pattern recognition abilities
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Proactive and positive attitude with a can-do mentality — no task is too small
- Ability to prioritize tasks and take ownership with minimal guidance
- Relentless desire to improve processes & make things more efficient
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.