- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Design & UI
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
As an early member of the team, you will make a significant impact on both the product and culture. You’ll have the chance to work on a multitude of interesting challenges across card processing, fraud and abuse detection, scaling, and new product development.
About the role:
As a senior frontend engineer at Lithic, you’ll work closely with product and design to build user experiences that make the complicated world of payments safe, easy, and even enjoyable.
Some things you might do in this role include:
- Improving existing features and building new features in our website (Vue/AngularJS), mobile apps (React Native), and browser extension (JS), for the hundreds of thousands of people using our product.
- Mentoring other engineers through thoughtful code reviews, pairing, and other methods.
- Building up best practices and improving the codebase to help us keep scaling as a business and as a team while maintaining a high bar of code quality.
- You have a well-honed ability to dive into a codebase, understand it, improve it, and build on top of it.
- You have 2+ years of experience in helping less-experienced engineers level up their understanding of and approach to development, and helping the entire team level up their tools and tactics.
- You have 4+ years of experience in owning production features from start to finish (and beyond), and collaborating with others on your team, the rest of the engineering team, and the rest of the business to make a project happen.
- Your past experience has given you a strong sense of the most effective ways to build software, but you understand the balance between perfection and shipping quickly, and always remain open to discussion and new ideas.
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.