- Austin, TX
- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
The finance department at Lithic, and more specifically the accounting team, is responsible for ensuring that the books are closed both accurately and efficiently on a monthly basis in accordance with GAAP. We’re focused on the details, but also looking at the big picture.
The business is growing in different ways, and so is the finance team’s responsibilities. We’re hiring an Accountant that will have the opportunity to take on key accounting functions and look for areas of improvement while the team expands. You’ll work across departments to prepare, analyze, and effectively record the company’s financial information in various key areas of the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform reconciliations including, but not limited to, bank accounts, A/R, A/P, accrued expenses, fixed assets, and prepaids as it relates to monthly close
- Upload and classify invoices for payout while maintaining contact with vendors
- Coordinate and process billing in addition to customer contact for collections
- Handle internal requests for operating expenses and complete full documentation collection/review for monthly spend
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Help to maintain and enforce company policies and procedures
- Assist with identifying risks and opportunities, implementing controls and best practices for optimization, and maintaining proper process documentation
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Who You Are:
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that a successful Accountant at Lithic will have:
- BA/BS in Accounting with 1-3 years of experience with a major accounting firm or as part of the accounting team for a startup company (FinTech experience and CPA preferred)
- Experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, Google Suite, and other systems
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and awareness of GAAP
- Been involved in an independent financial statement audit
- Strong excel and communication skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to help build processes from scratch and challenge the team/organization
- Desire to succeed and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- An approachable demeanor that inspires trust and confidence
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.